arlisswallace

Hankook vs. other tire brands?

We currently have 275/70R22.5 tires on our 36’  Kountry Star motor home that have "reached the age" of replacement recommendation. So, we are shopping for new tires that will last as long and still look as good as these Hankooks currently do. We would appreciate any comments on brands of tires you are pleased with? Also whether or not you felt the FMCA discount was helpful enough price wise to use it? 

I am running Continental  HSR's  I replaced with HSR2 at 8 years and they still looked new with no cracks  

Please note we are cooler in Canada   max life up to 10 years not 4 or 5 like down south 

In 2017 I replaced the over-priced Goodyear G 670 275/70R22.5 tires with Sailun truck tires, model S637 25/70R22.5 LR H tires. Including mounting, balancing and taxes, my  final bill for all 6 tires was $1,860 (I think). Sailun tires are much more available today, but prices have risen like everything else these days  They are made in Vietnam to USDOT standards, and appear to be a copy of Michelin all steel belt RV tires.

I am quite pleased with their performance, ride, and durability.

Edited by rayin

To answer the OP's question, Hankook are  fine.  My last replacement was Continentals on the front and six Toyos on the rear.  Dealer did not have any 315 Toyos.

On 8/31/2022 at 4:52 PM, arlisswallace said:

We currently have 275/70R22.5 tires on our 36’  Kountry Star motor home that have "reached the age" of replacement recommendation. So, we are shopping for new tires that will last as long and still look as good as these Hankooks currently do. We would appreciate any comments on brands of tires you are pleased with? Also whether or not you felt the FMCA discount was helpful enough price wise to use it? 

If you have been happy with your current Hankooks why are you shopping for different brand?

Tire prices can vary across the country and tire companies are adjusting prices every few months so I suggest you get the current price for replacing your Hankooks and then check the alternates you are considering when using the FMCA discount. You are the only one that can include the cost of travel (if needed) to get your tires replaced.

One other thing to take into consideration is the cost of disposal of your old tires. Some stores charge a different price than others. I wrote a post on "selling old tires" that could offset some of the new tire cost and would eliminate the old tire "disposal" charge. This could amount to a couple hundred dollars difference.

When I replaced the tires on my Class-C I sold my 8 year old 16" tires for $300 on Craigslist.