srflorie

US Highway 7 New England

Question

We are planning a trip to New England this fall in a 40' DP towing a small car. We will be leaving Burlingon, VT headed to Stockbrige, MA and then on to PA in October. Is US 7 through VT, MA and CT a decent/scenic route? Would like to see some scenery and avoid tolls if possible. We have a planned stop just outside of Stockbridge and then on to Promised Land State Park in PA. Any assistance and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

So how are you getting to Burlington, Vermont? US 7 is  not  a bad 2 lane road but it has the usual problems of low branches in places and a lack of good places to stop or ease acess service. 

What bridge do you plan on using to cross the Hudson? Don't use the GW. Do you have your E-Z Pass? If not get it before the trip or do a walk in. 

Looks like you could take US 7 down to I-84 then west to the Promised Land.

(I just wonder how many people from that part of the world have used that phrase. We are headed west to the Promised Land.)😉

Bill

We are coming to Burlington from Alexandria Bay, NY on NY37, US11 and US2. Was looking at US 7 down to I-84 if 7 is a decent road. I already have an I-Pass which works on the EZ Pass system so not worried, just looking for a more scenic and easy drive without interstates if possible. I'll get enough uninteresting interstate travel during the rest of the trip.

Yes last year we did a rally at Swan Bay Resort & Marina. But we went west after that rally.

1 hour ago, srflorie said:

just looking for a more scenic and easy drive without interstates if possible

I don't handicap my self like that. It is far easier to take the coach to an area using the best roads. Then take the toad and go explore. 

Bill