dwightginnyputzke

"Tandem" brake system with 98 Subaru Forester

I'm looking for pros & con comments on the "Tandem" brake system for my Subaru.

Towing with a 1995 36' Bounder with Ford 460 traveling on all types of roads under all conditions.

Tandem Brake's website: http://www.tandemlive.com/english/accueil.htm

Does anyone have first hand information on this braking system?

F513S

This is the first time I've seen this system. I couldn't tell from the photos how durable and trouble free the connections would be. I suspect finding a route through or around most engine compartments where the cable will not interfere with other functions would be difficult at best. If a cable binds or sticks then the brakes would drag or lock. As the information mentions, when vehicles are going downhill the toad will close on the motorhome. When this happens, the brakes will be applied on the toad. While the brakes wouldn't slow the motorhome, braking of the toad is unnecessary and a waste of brake pads and causes heating of the brakes which may reduce their effectiveness when needed later in the downhill run.

Those are just a few of my thoughts based on an examination of the web site.

Not sure on that system but we have the Blue Ox Patriot brake and really love that. It's lightweight and very simple to install. Best thing of all is I know the quality of all the products Blue Ox has made and know they stand behind them!