Sign in to follow this  
kampingkris

Moxie - can't connect to phone or one tv

So, the Moxie is WPS... and both my phone and the one TV asks for WPA... 

Neither my phone or TV will hook up with the moxie. The TV does list it as an option but can't hook up.

Now, my computer and our front TV have no problems at all..

???

Have you joined the the phone and tv to the moxie wps? If not they will need to be joined and the security passcode will have to be entered before they can connect.

I connect to the Moxie just like any other WiFi hotspot.  Never used WPS.  I went into setup on the device I wanted to connect (my phone or TV) and scanned for available networks.  After finding the Moxie, I connected to it and was asked for the WiFi password.  Once I entered the password, the device connected to the Moxie's signal with no problem.  That's the same way I've always connected to WiFi hotspots.  Nothing's different with the Moxie. 

As a side note, I like to rename the SID (the name of the WiFi signal I connect to) to something different than the default the manufacturer chose.

For whatever reason, my moxie was set up strangely that two of my devices would not hook up and two did no problem. Weird. Anyway, got a nighthawk router - put in the chip and its a much better router.