Sign in to follow this  
phylandmac

Maryland Driver's License Test

I'm scheduled to take the Maryland non-commercial class B driving test for my motorhome on July 30, 2010. Is there a member of FMCA in the area, who has a class A or B commercial or non-commercial license, who might be willing to go with me, as Maryland requires that I have a license holder with me? I have over 8,000 miles of experience, and am trying to comply with the laws. Will pass along the favor, or would compensate for the time.

I'm from Canada. What does a "B" lic give you ? (and does your unit have air brakes ?) Right now all we need is a regular car Lic and a air brake endorsement if unit has air brakes.

Guest Wayne77590

Phylandmac,

I really wish I were around the area just camping and I could assist you, but unfortunately I'm quite a ways away.

This may be an area that needs to be address in the "help" section of FMCA. Those willing to assist a traveler, or in this case a person trying to get a legal license to drive the class of MH they have.

If any one is in the Texas City, TX area or within 50 miles, and needs this type of an assist, please give me a holler. If I'm on the road, my son is there and has a Comm Class A.

Good luck Mac.

We live in your area, and my husband who took and passed the test in Easton, MD is currently recovering from major surgery otherwise he'd be happy to help you as I know we had to take one of the farmers with us who lived close to where we live in order to take the test.

Be aware, unless Annapolis is diff, Easton, MD was NOT prepared to give him the test and there was a lot of running around on MVA's part to try and figure out how to give the test, which started out with a check list. Hopefully, this has improved as more people take the test. It's the right thing to do for vehicles which weigh over 26,001 pounds. There is a written part and an actual road-driving test portions.

Good luck, you'll do fine.

R&P

Centreville, MD