baumzuchter

Just can't control life's journey

We are a retired couple.  Bought a 2003 Fleetwood Terra 31H and started traveling part-time.  We decided to sell our tree farm in southern Maine (and everything else we owned) and travel full-time.  I started a blog "Change the Journey" about how to take control of life's journey and do the things that you always dreamed about.  Well, along came COVID, so we holed up in Silver Springs, FL for 6 months.  Then started gearing up for a 9 month journey out west.  Yea, life's journey took control back.  😒  When we got back to NH, my wife was diagnosed with dementia and they don't want her traveling.  So the motor home is in storage.   We've been trying to find a seasonal site in NH or southern Maine but they are all taken and most decent campgrounds have a 2-3 year waiting list.   So, now our journey is different.  Instead of a travel blog it now documents the patient/caregiver journey.  Not exactly what we dreamed, but we are alive and together.  Better off than many.  Life goes on.

Bruce & Pam

IMG_20210505_171239211_HDR (2).jpg

Edited by baumzuchter
added photo

I'm sorry to read of your circumstances. I like your approach to handling what life dishes up; it is what it is and I'll deal with it.

A professor once told me; tomorrow isn't here yet so all we can do is plan for its coming, yesterday is past and we can't change it, we can only control today.