kirish

Passenger/front tire worn on the outside after alignment?

I went to the Winnebago factory for a tour. While I was there I had the alignment checked as my Winnebago Fuse was pulling to the right and the front passenger tire was wearing on the outside.  I when with their recommendation for a rotation and alignment.  Afterwards, the vehicle drove straight so I thought the problem was fixed.  I noticed that the steering wheel was cocked a bit to the right when driving straight but not significantly so much as to take it back.  Several hundred miles later I noticed the front passenger tire again wearing on the outside.  Any ideas on what happened?  Suggested fixes? Thanks!

kirish, Welcome to the Forum. 

Did you get a copy of the settings on your alignment? Your Camber on that side may be set wrong. By some chance are your tires Goodyear's? I had two sets of Goodyear's that always wore on the outside but have run true on the Toys I now run.

Herman

"Steering wheel cocked to the right". That indicates the thrust-angle(dog-tracking) is incorrect. Look it up.

I had a total alignment performed on our MH, the thrust angle was out by 3/4". Afterwards our MH drove much better and fuel mileage slightly improved.

Understanding Thrust Angle and Alignment | TireBuyer.com

Edited by rayin

kirish, Welcome to the Forum. 

Good advice above. Yes you had it checked but they may have missed something. I would try again with a place that is use to doing big rig all wheel alignments. When you do have it loaded like you were on a trip. Full fuel, fresh water and propane. The weight changes the ride hight and suspension geometry. 

Yes, those tires have a history of wearing unevenly. Have you done a corner weight and adjusted your tire preshure? 

Let us know what you find out.

Bill

No copy of the settings on the alignment. Not Goodyears they are Hankook Dynapros. I guess I will try to find a tire shop and have them recheck the alignment. Thanks for your input.

8 hours ago, kirish said:

No copy of the settings on the alignment. Not Goodyears they are Hankook Dynapros. I guess I will try to find a tire shop and have them recheck the alignment. Thanks for your input.

Those are good tires. 

Not just a tire shop but a place that knows how to do a big rig all wheel alignment. Most should do it automatically but point out you want the steering wheel centered.

Bill