jstephens3

Battery Disconnect Switch on 2020 Fleetwood Discovery

Just got a 2020 Fleetwood Discovery 38K. Owners manual says the house battery is in the rear roadside compartment. I've looked in that compartment 4 times - and all other compartments twice and can't find the switch. Put my RV in temp storage on Friday but can't shut off most systems with just the two battery cut-offs in the step will. Can anyone help with the exact location of the main disconnect switch?

The switch isn’t with the batteries. Most are called salesman switches and are near the entry door. I don’t know if you have a mid or front entry door, but look at the right if passenger seat, above the door, or in a cabinet near the windshield. They are just a momentary toggle switch. Once off, another to turn on. If you turn them off and you are on shore power, check ti be sure your batteries are still being charged. There still may be some parasitic loads when off. I leave ours on which will charge coach batteries, but nit the chassis batteries. I added an Amp-L-Start that uses a portion if the coach batteries charging for the chassis batteries. 

Fleetwood typically only installed the two battery disconnect switches by the door/stairwell. Your best bet is to disconnect the negative battery cables from both battery banks. Some have installed a high amperage disconnect switch on both banks, for convenance.

Richard

Even with disconnect switches from the mfgr. batteries may not be totally isolated. Things like LP detectors are wired directly to the battery, and are powered continually. Removing the negative battery cables is the only sure way to  disconnect batteries.

On a 2021 Discovery LXE, we have two 6 volt batteries in series just to the rear of the 4 house batteries but they are not wired to the 4 house batteries.  These are in addition to two 12 volt  starting batteries wired in parallel.  What is the purpose of the two batteries?  Trying to add disconnect switches to all of the batteries.

I agree but still don't understand why these two are not connected in parallel with the other four house batteries. Added a disconnect switch on the negative side  of these two and I guess we will add another disconnect switch to the negative side of the four battery bank. Planning to add one on the two 12 volt starting batteries as well.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:06 PM, floydfowler said:

I agree but still don't understand why these two are not connected in parallel with the other four house batteries. Added a disconnect switch on the negative side  of these two and I guess we will add another disconnect switch to the negative side of the four battery bank. Planning to add one on the two 12 volt starting batteries as well.

If you have a 2021 LXE, then you have (6) 6v batteries for the house... and (2) 12V  batteries for engine starting...  Also, if you are looking for a disconnect, depending on which model LXE you have, there is a red rotary switch near the converter/inverter on the passenger side.  That is where mine is located.  This switch is in addition to the 2 switches by the entry door...

I have a 2020 Discovery LXE 40M.

Edited by C-916452