My name is Stephen and I have been a member of the FMCA since I was a child. I am  a third generation FMCAer and it has been my dream since I was 18 to get my number.  I have purchased my first motorhome and got my goose egg.  But I am having a hard time finding a chapter in Texas that would have me and my family.  The fact that I have children is apparently a turn off to the local chapters.  I have made contact to the Thousand Trail chapter and they are welcoming us to their rallies.  It is disappointing though since when I was a kid we were apart of at least five chapters and wee always very active.  Last I checked we were the Family Motor Coach Association, not the Retiree Motor Coach Association.  If there are chapters out there in the Texas area that have young families I would love to join.  

Stephen 

F3887G

Edited by Stephen'nAmber

It seems not much happens on this forum. I suggest going to FMCA and get a list of chapters in texas and contact them direct. 

Stephen, welcome to the forum. 

I would recommend doing what Ernie  said above. 

Where are you located? If you can't find a chapter that you like you can always start one.

Bill