davidsuzanne

Armstrong Tires

Hi

We need to replace the tires on our Fleetwood Bounder.  Tires are 245 / 70R 19.5.  We have had Goodyear G647 RSS tires (G rated) since we purchased the coach and had new tires installed in 2017.

I have been shopping around for new tires and the prices are in the $ 500 dollar range.  Talked to a local truck tire guy and he will install new Armstrong (H rated) tires for $ 335.   The price sounds fantastic but I have never heard of Armstrong brand tires.

Any experiences with Armstrong tires?

Have you looked at the FMCA tire program?  I would rather stick with a brand name.

I see BFG for $362.36.  Continentals, (I ran Continentals on my Bounder) for $390.83. Michielan for $393.64. 

Bill 

Armstrong tires were very  popular years ago. Their  slogan was "Armstrong tires grip the road". Today newer brands have the spotlight.

Years ago "Armstrong" was an independent tire company. I believe that Armstrong like many other tire "brands", was bought by other tire companies as the name had some value. At this point I would be surprised if there was any remnant of Armstrong engineering in today's "Armstrong" branded tires. This doesn't mean they are not good as I am just pointing out that times change so reputations from the 70's or 90's or even 2000 may not represent current production.

Personally I suggest that people check out the dealer network current selling a given brand. If you travel a lot you do not need to be 500 miles away from the nearest dealer when you need service.