cwswine

FMCA Website and Mac Safari

I just spent 15 minutes trying to find the price of Towing Assistance and the page just showed the top graphic and all the information under that did not display.

Im Using Safari Version 16.2 (18614.3.4.11.2) and there is other pages that don't display correctly or are incomplete.

I switched to a different browser and all pages displayed correctly.

Edited by cwswine

Just found that the Towing page does the same thing.  It displays the top half but not the bottom half and if you let sit long enough it gives a Java script error.  I switched to Chrome and runs fine.

I'm looking for the date that our FMCA Towing expires and can't find it.  Anyone know where to look?

12 hours ago, cwswine said:

Do you have the same version that I posted above.  My Mac updated last night.

Big Sur 11.7. My iMac is a Late 2014.

Tried to update my Membership and this is the error I got. "SQLSTATE[HYT00] SQLDriverConnect: 0 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server]Login timeout expired".  I got this on the last page after submitting my Credit Card info and I received a Email from my credit card company that my card was charged.  FMCA website next to login says "RENEW" and still says I expire in Feb 2023. I call in the morning and get sorted out.

The first  problem I believe it is a Safari problem since now I have tried two different browsers and they both worked fine include using Chrome to renew.

It depends entirely upon what browser the  programmer writes the software for.. For Instance, the DoD says they do not support FireFox web browser, yet when I use FF to access the website it works,  just not as well as Chrome, for which, the software was written.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:15 PM, rayin said:

It depends entirely upon what browser the  programmer writes the software for.. For Instance, the DoD says they do not support FireFox web browser, yet when I use FF to access the website it works,  just not as well as Chrome, for which, the software was written.

You need to write webpages to support all browsers.  I was ISP and developed many websites between 1996 and 2002 and used a program called Dreamweaver that had function to test you code against all browsers and did a great job of find incompatibles between browsers.  If anyone is writing html code for commercial site I surely won't follow the DoD example. LOL

It does seem that an upgraded version of Safari was the problem.  I pulled out an older MAC Book it run fine.