Flash7481

Blowout damaged protective and insulation material

Driving down the road. I had a blowout on the inside rear passenger side. I’m driving a 2000 Newmar mountain aire. It tore up the protective material and insulation and also some other type of material that’s between the protective and insulation materials. Do you have any idea about repairing this and where I might find the material. Thanks so much.

16409712-7F6A-4944-8C70-FB6206A4C2F3.jpeg

If you are talking about the black material that is the stuff they use to seal the underside of mobile homes. Should be able to find it on Amazon or an online mobile home supply store.

What I'd do is cut out the damaged material as best you can and seal it with a can or two of "Flex Seal".  Then cover it with some aluminum flashing (it comes in a roll about 10 inches wide - available a Lowes and probably HD) secured in place real well.  Finish up with another coating of Flex Seal.

For some reason, it always seems to be the inner dual that blows.  Be sure not to run your tires more than 7 years - that's when blows are much more common.  Been there, done that.   

Edited by moonwink