jpnj2

Air pressure

I’m confused about tire pressure.

Inside the coach behind the driver seat the chart says 120 lbs front and rear

Then I read on another forum. Weigh your veh. Take the front axle weight divide it by 2 for the rear divide the number by 4 look at a tire chart find that # or close to it and fill accordingly. 
well per the chart in veh.  It shows 120 for all 6 tires?????

No confusion there, the Federal Tire Placard show the air pressure required to support the RV when loaded to the GVWR.

That is NOT the correct method for using a tire mfgrs. load/inflation chart. You will find the correct method of using load/inflation charts here:https://www.rvtiresafety.net/search/label/How to Calculate Cold Inflation Pressure

Keep in mind, load/inflation charts show the minimum air pressure to support the corresponding load. This means the tire is running at 100% capacity, no reserve. For comparison, car tires usually run with approx. 30-35% reserve capacity.

Edited by rayin

A four corners weighing is much more efficient that axle weighing. Allows for better distribution of load.

With that said, if you have not weighed your RV then by all means inflate it to the Mfg placard weigh, in your case 120 psi. I have yet to weigh mine, only because the opportunity has not presented itself. My GVWR is 45,600 and I run 120 psi.

I'm going to get it weighed soon, but so far I'm happy with the placard tire pressure.