Greg Haag

Purchasing NEWMAR NEW AIRE subject to inspection

I am purchasing a NEWMAR NEW AIRE subject to inspection, does anyone have recommendations on the most important items to inspect?  It is a used 2022 if that matters.

Thank you in advance,

Greg

11 hours ago, five said:

Ask why somebody is selling a new coach.

Thank you!  

1 hour ago, rossboyer said:

So many new buyers recently.  Maybe they found they really didn't like RVing. Anyway, it is worth asking. 

Thank you!

Well, we have  a 2022 NewAire. Great coach. 
However, we are trading up for the new 2024 Mountain Aire on the K3 chassis and the full 960 amp hour lithium package. This configuration with a tag axle on a 38’ coach is ideal. 

On 12/6/2022 at 6:49 PM, Greg Haag said:

I am purchasing a NEWMAR NEW AIRE subject to inspection, does anyone have recommendations on the most important items to inspect?  It is a used 2022 if that matters.

Thank you in advance,

Greg

The single most important item IMO, is the power-train, then chassis, then for water leak damage. Most RV appliances come with a 2yr warranty. The absorption refrigerator used to have a standard 2yr warranty, extendable with annual inspections and cleaning by a professional to 3 yrs.

A 2022 model engine will not even be broken-in yet, it requires 50K to 80K miles  to be completely broken-in. Fluids analysis should be performed on all fluids to determine the condition though.

IMO it is a good use of money (about $750) to hire a professional RV inspector to protect your purchase money.

Edited by rayin

3 hours ago, rayin said:

The single most important item IMO, is the power-train, then chassis, then for water leak damage. Most RV appliances come with a 2yr warranty. The absorption refrigerator used to have a standard 2yr warranty, extendable with annual inspections and cleaning by a professional to 3 yrs.

A 2022 model engine will not even be broken-in yet, it requires 50K to 80K miles  to be completely broken-in. Fluids analysis should be performed on all fluids to determine the condition though.

IMO it is a good use of money (about $750) to hire a professional RV inspector to protect your purchase money.

I agree ray but 2022New Aire! hasn't been back. He is talking about a New 2024 MA. I still think having it inspected would be a good thing.

How are you doing and have you made any progress getting back on the road?

Bill

4 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

I agree ray but 2022New Aire! hasn't been back. He is talking about a New 2024 MA. I still think having it inspected would be a good thing.

How are you doing and have you made any progress getting back on the road?

Bill

I failed to notice his post was from Dec. 2022, my bad.

No progress; still waiting on the arbitration process to play out; meanwhile I'm fixing other things in the MH, new batteries, next is new inverter/charger. I''m not looking forward to working with the OEM 4/0 battery cables.

Edited by rayin

9 minutes ago, rayin said:

I failed to notice his post was from Dec. 2022, my bad.

No progress; still waiting on the arbitration process to play out; meanwhile I'm fixing other things in the MH, new batteries, next is new inverter/charger. I''m not looking forward to working with the OEM 4/0 battery cables.

Hope they get things moving along.

Bill