Polmex

security camera

Hello; I am considering buying a security camera for my class A. I have read that the ring doorbell camera is pretty good. Can anyone tell me their opinion on if that is the best recommendation or should I keep looking?

Exactly what do you want/expect a security camera to do for you, and for what area? Does it need to work independent of WiFi or dependent on WiFi?

I have a motion detector-activated porch light, which is also wired into my step-well light, both are a bright LED light so I know if anyone approaches the MH at night. Other than that, if I'm going to lose sleep worrying about a prowler around the MH, it has wheels to move DW and me to a safer location.

In the 20+ years of camping in the desert, Wally Mart parking lots and in campgrounds, we have never had anything stolen. One time in Mexico we drove off for the day with the door standing wide open, not even the screen shut. Came back to find everything in its place. We don't even lock the bay doors as I would rather have someone open them and find nothing of value than to tear up the lock

Where would you put the camera?  If, and I say IF, I were a burglar I would "case" the property during the day time and see if there were a camera, door bell or otherwise  on the premises. Where is it pointing. Approach from the dead spot and spray paint the camera.  Do my 2 minutes of havoc and leave.  That's if it were a smart burglar.

There are 3 types of smart ones, some with a little smarts, and dumb ones.

The smart ones have a lot of money and seldom get caught
The somewhat smart ones get caught more often.
The dumb ones, well, they are all in prison or going to prison someday.

There is no security that is 100% fail-safe.  Even sitting in a chair with a shotgun at the ready is not 100% that you will not get hurt, or worse.

With all that said, Ring is a good system. I have a system for the S&B with a lot of different monitors including 4 cameras.  IF i were to get a system for he Class A it would be Ring. If you do decide to get a system PM me for a simple network solution.  You will want it to have access to The Ring Cloud.  If you do get the cloud it will be $100 a year for their monitoring service. 

On 12/18/2022 at 10:58 PM, Polmex said:

Mainly a deterant is good enough. Not boondocking. Always in a pretty safe area. People that see the camera usually will be better behaved 

In that case phony  cameras will do the job.