Sign in to follow this  
Mjm434mrgn

Jeep Liberty limited Jet edition tow ability

Can you flat tow a jeep liberty Limited Jet edition.   Owner manual says you must disengage the drive shaft before towing It!  I checked another the owner manual and it says  2wd No,   4wd yes, but must disengage the driveshaft.  Called jeep corporate but can't get thru for an answer.  Is anybody towing a Jeep Liberty and what do you think. It does have the tiny neutral button to put it into neutral.   thank you, mike  also if you are towing a Jeep Liberty what year is it?  I think you can tow it because they (Jeep) include the neutral button to put the transfer case into neutral and the owner manual is misprinted or misplaced whereas they the (disengagement rule below 4wd and instead under 2wd)   The other owner manual 2012 Jeep Liberty  600 page  says you can tow a 2012 Jeep Liberty 4wd. !

Edited by Mjm434mrgn

I found an owners manual on line HERE. On page 429 it explains how to set the Jeep up for towing 4 down. There are a number of steps so make sure you follow them. We tow a '13 GC and it uses the same procedure. The wife is in charge of the inside while I do the tow bar hookup. She has a large print "cheat sheet" to aid in the setup. There is more to it than just pushing the button. Hope this helps.