Flash7481

Coaxile cable repair on rear camera help

I have a 2g-2v 75 ohm cable that the previous owners attached using aluminum foil. Of course I tired to check it out and now this is what I have. Ideas in repair are needed! I have heard the aluminum was there to complete an outer circuit but I don’t know. 

BD9CAEBF-C52F-47FC-9ECE-02743F864046.jpeg

F4E643EC-34C8-44BB-AE78-74747BB3C025.jpeg

If you have some slack in the cables, that is an easy repair. By the way you are holding the ends, it doesn't look like there is much to play with. You only need the center conductor and the copper braid, the foil is for protection only. If you have never repaired rv cable before, watch some uTube videos for a "how to". Anytime you put connectors in an rf cable, you will experience some signal loss.If possible, it would be best to run a single piece of new cable

You don't need the foil if you also have a wire surrounding the white phonelic insulator that caries the center copper conductor. The purpose of the aluminum shield is to reduce radio frequency interference, RFI. (electromagnetic interference) Strip it back and cut it off then use the wire shield and center conductor.

2 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

You don't need the foil if you also have a wire surrounding the white phonelic insulator that caries the center copper conductor. The purpose of the aluminum shield is to reduce radio frequency interference, RFI. (electromagnetic interference) Strip it back and cut it off then use the wire shield and center conductor.

what he said right there jpg.jpg