five

Forum

Things seem really slow on the forum.  Maybe I've missed some posts, but many of the regulars seem to be gone.  I heard there was a problem with Wolfe10, or he had a problem with the forum, but what about jleamont, manholt, and dickandlois??  IMHO, all four provided lots of good information.

Edited by five

I know why Wolf10 doesn’t monitor this forum anymore, but I don’t think it is an item to be discussed here. IMO he was justified to leave. If you want to reach him, I have seen recent posts made by him on iRV2 forum.

You are correct in that there has not been very many posts here lately. Maybe the holidays, members are hold up in their winter locations, or not traveling because of the weather problems.

Anyway keep in touch, they will return. 

Last I  heard, Carl and his wife are on a cruise. But I suspect many members are not on the forums due to Herman's death.

Actually, there aren't many reasons to be very active on this forum. There are so many good RV forums, with several that are brand specific, it makes it much easier to get good information.

I'm curious why Herman's passing would keep members off the forum. 

There has been a lot of new members sign on to the forum but haven't posted anything. I am going to talk to Larry and see if we can add an "introduction" forum so that the new guys can introduce themselves, maybe telling  us what kind of coach, their interests are, etc.

Any other ideas that could be considered?

4 hours ago, dons2346 said:

There has been a lot of new members sign on to the forum but haven't posted anything. I am going to talk to Larry and see if we can add an "introduction" forum so that the new guys can introduce themselves, maybe telling  us what kind of coach, their interests are, etc.

Any other ideas that could be considered?

Some ideas for new forums:

News in the RV industry

News in the campground industry

Route suggestions and Road conditions

Camping advice/ Q&A

14 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Some ideas for new forums:

News in the RV industry

News in the campground industry

Route suggestions and Road conditions

Camping advice/ Q&A

I think those are some good ideas. 

I think FMCA could do more to promote the forums.

Bill

1 hour ago, erniee said:

I don’t see any of the FMCA office holders post here. 

I think it would be a good idea To have a way to communicate with the exertive office holders.

Bill

40 minutes ago, wildebill308 said:

I think it would be a good idea To have a way to communicate with the exertive office holders.

Bill

Bill,

Every executive board member's contact info is listed in the magazine both phone number and email address. There is also a "contact us" section with phone numbers and email addresses.

12 hours ago, erniee said:

Ernie,

I am a recent "EB has been" having been the area vice president of the Northwest Area from 2018 -2022. I have been a governing board member since 2007, past member of the nominating committee, past member of the audit committee, past member of the audit committee, past member of the risk management committee, current member of the constitution & bylaws committee.

Does any of this count?

10 hours ago, dons2346 said:

Bill,

Every executive board member's contact info is listed in the magazine both phone number and email address. There is also a "contact us" section with phone numbers and email addresses.

That is the way it should be IMO; Chris experienced that a few years ago, he posted and it suddenly became pile-on time instead of  rational discussion.

Then lets not forget about Herman, he was a regular poster.

Edited by rayin

7 hours ago, dons2346 said:

Ernie,

I am a recent "EB has been" having been the area vice president of the Northwest Area from 2018 -2022. I have been a governing board member since 2007, past member of the nominating committee, past member of the audit committee, past member of the audit committee, past member of the risk management committee, current member of the constitution & bylaws committee.

Does any of this count?

20 hours ago, erniee said:

Not to put words in Erniee's mouth, but I think he is referring to current office holders.

4 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

Not to put words in Erniee's mouth, but I think he is referring to current office holders.

Correct

I suspect there are several of the Executive Board including the AVP's, and other Governing Board Members on this forum. When I can be helpful, i have contributed. When it's more appropriate that others reply, I don't, they do. Herman did a great job, Don is continuing to do same. I mostly lurk but do so to learn what folks are thinking and inquiring about as considerations for FMCA going forward. Just haven't felt it was necessary to post on general conversation topics as we full-time travel and busy on several other fronts as well. Stay healthy and safe.