dons2346

Quartzsite

Question

6 answers to this question

On 1/22/2023 at 8:16 PM, dons2346 said:

Anyone going to be in Q? We are leaving Yuma to spend some time with our ham radio club at MP 99 for a couple of days

Can't make it right now. There are a lot of You Tube channels out there. That and lots and lots of outher people. They opened the big tent yesterday, I think.

Bill

Since our Ft. Myers Beach RV resort is history, we wanted to go to Q this winter, but our MH has been and still is in a body shop since April while Progressive Ins. whines about the repair estimate amount.

Maybe everyone isn't missing anything. It has been windy and pretty cold at night. Crowds are above last year but not the masses we have seen in the past. No great deals in the tent, especially with the 10.5% sales tax! One more night and we are outta here

rayin, Are they making any progress on your coach?

Don, what you missed out on buying the amazing cookware and knife sets being demonstrated for sale in the big tent? 😂

Looked at some of the YouTube videos from groups out there and they all looked like it was cold and windy. 

Bill

Bill,

Yup, I missed out on the amazing cookware. Rats, I wish you had mentioned that before I left!

What I did see was an array of LI batteries priced anywhere from $350 to $1100 each for a 100 amp battery. My friend is doing an evaluation on a 400amp battery that looks promising. It is in a stainless steel case, has blue tooth, heat and cold protection and will fit in a 8D size space. Cost is $2500, 12 year warranty. I might have to jump on that one if his evaluation turns out good.

It was pretty cold and the wind was right up there but was bearable around the fire.

Edited by dons2346
spelling

If you are looking at solar I recommend looking at RV Texas Y'all Youtube channel. They have gone way past the normal 100 amp batteries. I think they are using the larger batteries. Let me know what you think.

Bill