whiteeagle

Good Resort / campground near Utah Parks

Question

I'm hoping to visit a couple of the Utah scenic parks in mid-October after the Albequeque balloon fest.....before spending winter months in AZ.......

Wondering if there is one or a couple good RV resorts or campgrounds in Southern Utah that a person recommends to stay at - so that we could use Jeep on day trips to visit a couple of the parks in reasonable proximity - and leave for AZ before end of October ....

7 answers to this question

For a centralised location I would look at Bauers Canyon Ranch RV Park. On the west side closer to I-15 is Leeds RV Park & Motel. 

If you find any " RV resorts" let me know.

What about the outher National parks in the north?

Bill

Thanks for the suggestions of those two... Not familiar with any of that area.... we have only about Oct 15 - 28th or so to spend there this year and was thinking weather wise, would likely need to stay in southern areas and plan to get out by end of Oct ?  Haven't had much success  in past so don't look at sites in National parks due to size of rig....

7 hours ago, whiteeagle said:

Haven't had much success  in past so don't look at sites in National parks due to size of rig....

I agree, why do I want to stay in a NP at a site that was built by WPA for people to tent camp in with their Model T. Nearly all I have been in are massively unlevel and you are dry camping. For more money than a nice park outside. The only exception is Grand Canyon. They have a nice RV park and the park shuttle bus picks you up at the RV park so you don't have to drive.

Bill

Thanks .. like the Bauers Canyon option.... noticed that they close for the season on Nov 1 so weather must be a bit iffy there at 5900 ft elevation.... I don't have a problem driving in a bit of snow but I don't want ice. Checking further....

Appreciate the feedback ...

I've reserved a couple weeks at Bauers Canyon Ranch due to it's proximity to a number of the interesting Parks in the area.... It looks like the most logical route from Flagstaff area is just to take 89 North.... any issues on that route for 45ft towing?

On 2/21/2023 at 6:42 PM, whiteeagle said:

Appreciate the feedback ...

I've reserved a couple weeks at Bauers Canyon Ranch due to it's proximity to a number of the interesting Parks in the area.... It looks like the most logical route from Flagstaff area is just to take 89 North.... any issues on that route for 45ft towing?

You will find Bauers Canyon Ranch the best option.  Small park, friendly owners, clean and centrally located.  If you want a resort with all the amenities, this is not the place.  We have stayed there 3 times visiting Bryce, Zion,  North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Cedar Breaks.  We highly recommend the place.  One time in Mid May it snowed overnight (2 inches) but was gone the next day.

Don