mikevp

Lift for someone with mobility issues

My wife is having trouble negotiating the steps into our Class C (2022 Jayco 29MV) and I'm looking into what the options are for a standing lift.  (Not wheelchair)  Does anyone have any experience with these?  Options, companies to avoid?  One of the lifts I was looking at would only raise her to the first step; that's not good enough, we want a lift that will take her to the interior floor level.

Thanks for the replies.

I really don't want to buy a Newmar coach, or switch RVs at this point -- The Jayco is longer than I was really hoping for; we want to be able to camp in National Park campgrounds.  A 36+ foot RV really limits you a lot.

I've sent inquiries to Burr and Startracks; Startracks has gotten back to me, Burr, not yet.   The Startracks is one where you sit in a chair, and have to maneuver it around a bit.  It's also very slow.

I'm really hoping to find a few more options, and people who have had experience with them other than the sales pitches from the companies.

5 minutes ago, mikevp said:

I really don't want to buy a Newmar coach, or switch RVs at this point -- The Jayco is longer than I was really hoping for; we want to be able to camp in National Park campgrounds.  A 36+ foot RV really limits you a lot.

That is why you take a toad. So you can park the RV and go explore. I have never not ben able to find a place to stay. Just because you show up in a 36' or less RV doesn't mean you can get in to a camp site in the park. 

Bill