missourirver54

swapping out standard acid house battery with AGM type

You will probably need to check your inverter/charger to be sure the settings are correct for AGM batteries. Some treat lead acid and AGM batteries the same. But check to be sure. 

i did that for our 2006 Expedition. Should have done it for our first two motor homes. Probably could have saved a lot of cable repair or replacement. 

On my 2018 motor home I had it changed out to agm and few months after we bought it.  Best move we ever made. Inverter worked without a problem.

You will love the AGMs, but, as noted above, check the settings in your controller.  Last year I swapped eight 6v AGMs for three 12v AGMs...and had to make a slight change in the settings.  If you have questions, call the tech line for the controller, he/she can tell you how to set it...have the number/type batteries and amp hours on hand before calling.

Edited by five

AGMs are a good swap out for wet cells. What you have to look at is the settings of your charger and those depend on the battery you select. The LifeLine AGM has a different charging profile than that of others. It isn't much but is still different. If you have a Magnum inverter/charger, there will be two profiles listed for the AGMs