f452240

rv purchase nightmare

My wife and I recently traded in our class a motorhome for a fifth wheel rv. we made the purchase at Travelcamp RV in Griffin GA, when we found the model and floorplan we were looking for we found many discrepancies that the manager of the store promised would be corrected. We signed the papers and then the troubles began, Travelcamp delivered the unit, a Heartland Landmark, in the same condition it was in when we first saw it with the exeption of a replaced broken window. There was and still is a hole in the roof all three slidouts leak nonfunctioning appliances and the list just goes on and on. Travelcamp would not pay off our trade in. would not send us our paperwork still has not honored the "WEOWE" document. we made our purchase on the 6th of Dec 2022 here we are March 24 2023 slowly making our way to Heartland RV manufacturing facility which is 1K miles from our home in florida. I could go on and on about how we were mistreated at the hands of Travelcamp RV and we can provide specifics and documentation in the form of emails and texts. I would strongly advise anyone seeking a new rv to seriously consider my article before buying. I would not recommend Travelcamp to my worst enemy. We are keeping our fingers crossed in hopes the factory will make all necessary repairs. I would note that our trade in was finally paid off in Jan 2023 after having to make dozens of phone calls Emails and texts.

Ted

I would never accept an RV until everything was fixed to my satisfaction.  Only sign a binding agreement to buy if everything is fixed.  If the dealer won't do that run away from the deal.  They probably won't fix it like you want.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes there are some bad dealers out there and I don't know any great tow behind dealers. Because I have never looked for one.

Just courious why were you going from a class A to a towable?

Bill

Have you reported your experience with that company to the  BBB and local  chamber of commerce?