depotman

Hydraulic fluid for levelers 99 Bounder 39z

Do you know who manufactured your levelers?

i had a Coronado that used HWH. If yours are HWH, they recommend their fluid; but automatic transmission fluid as an alternative. 

Ross is right. HWH specifies their oil or the type ATF specified in your owners manual. Different years specify a different ATF, for instance newer units call in Dextron III or IV, but my 1999 HWH leveling system calls in type A ATF (Ford). Do not use hydraulic jack oil!  Reference: HWH FAQ page

Other brands of leveling systems have their own specifications.

Yes Ross that's why it is important to adhere to the specific owners manual for the system installed. There is a link to the specifics within that HWH FAQ webpage.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:14 PM, depotman said:

what type fluid goes in my leveling system?

where to fill it?

Well My 2003 Bounder called for Dextron III You could call them and ask.

I was sitting hear thinking trying to remember. It is a big tank where the pump is. There is a plug you have to take out to add the fluid. You will probabley need a funel with about 15" of hose on the end. Fill the tank with all the jacks up, to the bottom of the hole. put the plug back in and run the jacks a couple times to get any air out and recheack the leavel.

I think it was in the first compartment on the drivers side on my 38N. Ihave seen them inside the whel well front side on the pasenger side. Let us know what you find. You could have someone run the jacks while you listion for the pump.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

If you jacks are OEM, then they are Power Gear. Both Power Gear and HWH, of your year, use Dextron III/Mercon.
Make sure the jacks are fully up, remove the plug on the side, near the top and fill to the bottom of the hole.

Richard