mmaurice

Question about heaters?

I have 2 Coleman Mach A/C units which also have electric heat.

I used them to heat our motorhome the first night with no issues. The second day they ran fine but that night they started to blow cold air.  I shut them down and a few hours later turned them on and they worked fine all day into the night. Then sometime during the late night they started blowing cold air again. I switched over to propane heat and that went well.  
Are you supposed to use propane when it gets too cold or over prolonged periods? Is that possibly the reason the electric stopped blowing hot?

1 hour ago, mmaurice said:

I have 2 Coleman Mach A/C units which also have electric heat.

I used them to heat our motorhome the first night with no issues. The second day they ran fine but that night they started to blow cold air.  I shut them down and a few hours later turned them on and they worked fine all day into the night. Then sometime during the late night they started blowing cold air again. I switched over to propane heat and that went well.  
Are you supposed to use propane when it gets too cold or over prolonged periods? Is that possibly the reason the electric stopped blowing hot?

What were the outside temps? Heat pumps don't work reliabley below about 45 deg. Heat pumps are your roof air conditioner runnig in reverse. The outher thing to be aware of the heat pumps have no way to heat your basment storage/wet bay to prevent frezing.

My last coach would switch to the propane furnace below a certin temp. When it was cold or going to be cold I just left it on furnace.

Bill

10 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

What were the outside temps? Heat pumps don't work reliabley below about 45 deg. Heat pumps are your roof air conditioner runnig in reverse. The outher thing to be aware of the heat pumps have no way to heat your basment storage/wet bay to prevent frezing.

My last coach would switch to the propane furnace below a certin temp. When it was cold or going to be cold I just left it on furnace.

Bill

Thank you Bill, you answered my question. The temps were getting down to 32. I wound up switching to the furnace, but did not know that the a/c heat pump worked that way.  I am glad to know there is nothing wrong with my a/c units.