mable

New tires

I’m getting new tires for my Fleetwood Providence 40 K  2011. I’ve gotten the choices down to two. Six balanced and installed Michelin 275/70R22.5.  X I Z. FOR $5000.00.  Manufacture date unknown at this time. Or, six balanced and installed Goodyear 275/70R22.5. RV MRT for $4100. Manufacture date June22. I’m in a western suburb of Chicago. Opinions and suggestions please.I know the warranty starts on date of installation..Does sitting in a warehouse for a year make a difference other than ‘not new’..I’m 80 years old and probably won’t be running out the warranty. 

I have run Michelins for the past 10 years or so with zero sidewall cracking but I think this is my last set,  they are just to expensive now. I did have a set of Goodyear G670s and that was the worst tire I have ever had, never again Goodyears.

My next set will be either the Toyo or Continental. The FMCA program has the Continentals about 100 bucks cheaper than the Goodyears so you might want to take a look. Have a friend that runs Continentals and is happy with them

I usually go with Toyo's or last RV was a set of Dayton tires made bt Bridgestone. Got them at Loves and they were 2800 out the door.

21 hours ago, dons2346 said:

I have run Michelins for the past 10 years or so with zero sidewall cracking but I think this is my last set,  they are just to expensive now. I did have a set of Goodyear G670s and that was the worst tire I have ever had, never again Goodyears.

My next set will be either the Toyo or Continental. The FMCA program has the Continentals about 100 bucks cheaper than the Goodyears so you might want to take a look. Have a friend that runs Continentals and is happy with them

I will never have another set of Michelins on my MH....I got half of your 10 years WITH cracks.  Replaced them with Continentals on the front and Toyos on the rear...tire dealer did not have Toyos that fit the front.  Michelins are way over priced and over rated.  I'd check Toyo, Sumitomo, Hankook, Yokohama, and others.

IN 2017 I replaced my Goodyear G670's with  6 Sailun 265/70R22.5 LR H truck tires, all 6 balanced and installed on MH; total cost was $1,,380 at a locally-owned tire shop. Today the price has almost doubled due to rapidly rising popularity and the price. They are a copy of Michelin truck tires, made in Vietnam. In 2017 very few U.S.A. commercial truck ran Sailun tires, as they were only known in Canada. Today anyone that sells Cooper tires usually also sells Sailun tires.

Thanks for all the replies. I wound up with the Goodyears, balanced and installed for $4100..That was the best price I could find. Thanks again. We are heading out to Yellowstone on 1 Jun. Meandering our way up to Rapid City and are checking in just north of the North gate of Yellowstone in Gardiner Mt for a week..

On 5/20/2023 at 10:44 PM, mable said:

Thanks for all the replies. I wound up with the Goodyears, balanced and installed for $4100..That was the best price I could find. Thanks again. We are heading out to Yellowstone on 1 Jun. Meandering our way up to Rapid City and are checking in just north of the North gate of Yellowstone in Gardiner Mt for a week..

It's been a few months since the extensive flood damage North of Yellowstone NP,  but I'd call ahead to get the latest information about traveling there.

Thanks again for the comments regarding Yellowstone. We will be leaving Saturday and going to Rapid City and staying at Ellsworth AFB for a few days then on to Gardiner, Mt which is north of the North Gate. We have been checking the Yellowstone web site daily and things look good. We hope to go rafting and I bet the water will be cold. We have reservations at a park in Gardiner for the 11th to the 18th. I love that area. That is how I got drafted in 1965. I dropped out of college in Chicago in 1964 to work on a 40,000 acre cattle ranch SE of Billings and so much fun I didn’t return to Chicago until Christmas.I lost my school deferment and wound up in the Army. Twenty seven years later retired as a LTC..