DocWobblin

35'+20' motorhome/trailer combo

Hello ... new to this and I keep seeing posts questioning overall length of RV and ability to use sites. We have a 35-foot Safari and an open trailer of 20 feet overall to haul our toys. Is there a problem hauling a toad or trailer w/the coach and entering parks, campsites, etc.? Thanks.

Hello ... new to this and I keep seeing posts questioning overall length of RV and ability to use sites. We have a 35-foot Safari and an open trailer of 20 feet overall to haul our toys. Is there a problem hauling a toad or trailer w/the coach and entering parks, campsites, etc.?

It depends on the park.

We were volunteer camp hosts at Lake Cascade state park in Idaho for three years. The park had 13 camping units (like separate parks but still under the Lake Cascade umbrella).

There were several camping units that had a limited number of sites for a 35 ft motor home with a trailer or car. The maximum length was listed on the web site for the park.

Guest Wayne77590

Doc....,

Call ahead and tell the CG what your overall length is. They will tell you if they can accommodate you. Most places will ask you what the length of your coach is, and they know that the average TOAD is 17-20 feet. But a TOAD can be unhooked and pulled in a little closer, not so with a trailer. So, just call(plan) ahead.

But be aware, sometimes the park lies. ;)

Our rig is a 45' bus with a 20' car trailer. I always call ahead and ask if the park can accommodate a rig our size. Worst case so far was a KOA in Colorado, the manager said they have 90' pull through sites so come on in! However, when we got there, we found the drive made a VERY sharp turn with a boulder in the apex. :wacko: After we had to back out, she couldn't understand why we wouldn't stay there.

Awhine, Welcome to the Forum.

Sounds to me like you were at the KO North of Pueblo, CO.

And by the way Thank you for coming to McKinney, Texas to see and buy from Paul Davis at Mr. O's.

Awhine, Welcome to the Forum.

Sounds to me like you were at the KO North of Pueblo, CO.

And by the way Thank you for coming to McKinney, Texas to see and buy from Paul Davis at Mr. O's.

Thanks! It was a pleasure to do business with Paul Davis, I have recommended him to a few friends looking for an honest dealer. And you nailed the KOA too. A 5er could have made the turn, but with the way we articulate, it was impossible.