skyking8

Multi LNB satellite antenna

As I visit campgrounds, I see more and more multi LNB portable antennas similar to the Dish Slimline. I am still successfully using the older style oval sat dish, but was wondering if there is a benefit to going with the newer parabolic type dish with three seperate LNBs.

I do know that the new dishes provide HD signals, but that doesn't matter to me. When I need to use the portable dish in place of the King-Dome

I've perfected my hunt for the signal time to just a few minutes using a high end signal generator. If the newer dishes make it easier than that, I'm all for it, but if not I'll stick with the present system.

I have Dish Network. Please give me some opinions pro or con on this issue. Thanks.

Guest BillAdams

Dish Network uses both 110 and 119 for their SD programming along with 129 for their HD programming. East Coast customers user 72.5 and 77 for SD and 61.5 for HD.

If you are using an oval dish that will receive 110 and 119 and do not have a need for the HD programming then you are good to go. The reason that you see more and more roof mounted automatic dishes is that it's simply easier. Touch one button and go do something else.

Guest Wayne77590

Trust me! One touch go is so much better than struggling to align a portable dish. I have DISH network and I was so frustrated, using a signal meter, and not using a signal meter that I went out and bought the Winegard Carry-Out. Now I have no problem acquiring the signal, but, the drawback is one satellite bird at at time.

I am not a fond admirer of portable dishes.

While on this subject, does anyone make a dome satelite automatic dish with multi LNBs? I have Dish Network and would like to use a DVR so we can watch two TVs at the same time on diferent channels. Our King Dome in motion will move between 110 &119 when we change channels. As is said before we don't need HD.

Nice to hear you guys on lots of topics.

Guest BillAdams
While on this subject, does anyone make a dome satelite automatic dish with multi LNBs? I have Dish Network and would like to use a DVR so we can watch two TVs at the same time on diferent channels. Our King Dome in motion will move between 110 &119 when we change channels. As is said before we don't need HD.

Nice to hear you guys on lots of topics.

No, all domes available to RVers are single LNB units. With the technology available today I don't expect to see that change anytime soon due to the larger antenna size required to lock onto multiple satellites plus the need to be able to skew the antenna out of the horizontal position.

If you change to DirecTV, all of the programming (expect HD) comes from one satellite and you can run a DVR or multiple receivers without the issues of having to remain on 110 or 119 while watching different channels.

As I visit campgrounds, I see more and more multi LNB portable antennas similar to the Dish Slimline. I am still successfully using the older style oval sat dish, but was wondering if there is a benefit to going with the newer parabolic type dish with three seperate LNBs.

I do know that the new dishes provide HD signals, but that doesn't matter to me. When I need to use the portable dish in place of the King-Dome

I've perfected my hunt for the signal time to just a few minutes using a high end signal generator. If the newer dishes make it easier than that, I'm all for it, but if not I'll stick with the present system.

I have Dish Network. Please give me some opinions pro or con on this issue. Thanks.

Take a look at this one

Satellite RV Winegard Travler Dish

* Multiple satellite viewing.

* Approved and certified reflectors.

* DISH Satellites: 110°, 119°, 129° or Hybrid 61.5°

* Bell TV Satellites: 82°, 91°

Here http://winegard.com/travler/index.php

PHE

Guest BillAdams
Take a look at this one

Satellite RV Winegard Travler Dish

* Multiple satellite viewing.

* Approved and certified reflectors.

* DISH Satellites: 110°, 119°, 129° or Hybrid 61.5°

* Bell TV Satellites: 82°, 91°

Here http://winegard.com/travler/index.php

PHE

There is an error in the copy that you posted. The Winegard Trav'ler can receive 110, 119 and 129 simultaneously but it cannot do the hybrid 61.5. It could be pointed to 61.5 only but it cannot receive 110, 119 and 61.5 as the term hybrid would indicate.

The Winegard Trav'ler is an excellent antenna and the 110, 119, 129 satellite combination will give you excellent service everywhere in the US except the extreme NE and SE where the 129 satellite is not available.

There is an error in the copy that you posted. The Winegard Trav'ler can receive 110, 119 and 129 simultaneously but it cannot do the hybrid 61.5. It could be pointed to 61.5 only but it cannot receive 110, 119 and 61.5 as the term hybrid would indicate.

The Winegard Trav'ler is an excellent antenna and the 110, 119, 129 satellite combination will give you excellent service everywhere in the US except the extreme NE and SE where the 129 satellite is not available.

--------------------

Bill Adams

Yes that's true but maybe that is what the OR meant "* DISH Satellites: 110°, 119°, 129° OR Hybrid 61.5°

PHE

Guest BillAdams
Yes that's true but maybe that is what the OR meant "* DISH Satellites: 110°, 119°, 129° OR Hybrid 61.5°

No, the term Hybrid means that it is capable of receiving either 110, 119 and 129 or 110, 129 and 61.5. The dome antennas can be set for this option but the Trav'ler cannot be.