Sign in to follow this  
MONTIE

Awnings will not retract

I went yesterday to have my batteries checked, because we are leaving on a trip. When I returned I noticed the patio awning was loose (the coach had been sitting for two months). I extended the awning and about halfway through, the awning almost fell to the end and when I tried to retract it, it would not go up. The motor was running, but it seemed there was not enough power. My wife held the button and I got on a ladder and started to roll it back up and then it seemed to have caught and went back up but did not seem to be tight.

This morning I went back out thinking the batteries might not have been charged enough and the same thing happened. It is the original awning and has not been used much, maybe 10 times. The reason is, it is almost useless because when the side is out it only covers about six feet. Therefore, we don't use it. Any ideas before I go to the service center for a soaking?

2008 Monaco Knight DFT

Saturn Vue

Some more information, the motor runs but it seems the gears are not tight and allows slippage or the power is down, the batteries check good and all connections are good. The gears seem to be slipping but when I roll up the awning a few rounds it will close but not very tight. There does not seem to be enough power to start the retract but all the initial start will continue to close.