So, my bedroom monoxide sensor/detector beeps and blinks red occasionally. Often when parked or stored with windows open and no engine activity for days or weeks.

I don’t suspect a real monoxide presence but the beeping is a nuisance for sure. It’s simple enough to reset but I’d like to figure out how to stop it from randomly alerting so it will warn me of a real problem. 

Thanks!

A carbon monoxide (CO) detector in a camper might beep for a number of reasons, including: 

• Hydrogen gas: Hydrogen gas can trigger a CO detector because it's detected in the same way as carbon monoxide. 
  • Carbon monoxide detected: Four beeps with a pause indicate that carbon monoxide is present. Move to fresh air and call emergency services. 

• Low batteries: One beep per minute indicates that the batteries need to be replaced. 

• End of life: Five beeps per minute indicate that the detector needs to be replaced. Most CO detectors last 5–7 years, even if the batteries are still good. 

• Malfunction: A malfunctioning CO detector will typically beep. 

• High humidity: If the detector is located in a bathroom or near a bathroom, high humidity from steam can trigger it.