Sign in to follow this  
gadget

The Answer To Poor Cell Phone Signal

Hello

I have been given so much help from various forums that I wanted to return the favor.

I am in a campground with no wifi and from poor to no cell phone signal. I cannot survive like this...I need to pay bills etc. ( and I need my phone not only to communicate like a phone is supposed to but I tether my phone to my laptop to get online and for that I even need a stronger signal than just for talking.

I did lots of research ( I am called gadget because I have a fondness for gadgets and I write articles on gadgets (products) that work. I only write about products I own or would want to own....so research is a big thing for me.

After extensive checking I found a company (I am not employed by them) called Wilson Electronics. They have been around a long time and enjoy a great reputation. I have one of their cell phone signal booster kits ... and it works. I went from no bars or one bar sometimes (rare) 2 bars to 4 and 5 and even 6 on my phone. What a pleasure calls now like a landline and very important to me is that the signal is now strong enough to drive my laptop ... I am writing this now tethered to my cell phone ... what a joy.

It works on all phones except Nextel. In fact a few friends stopped by yesterday ... of course they had to make calls and they could not because they were in my area where there is little signal. I told them to come into the motorhome, where I had the signal booster. Their iPhone using AT&T, which was not able to complete a call outside my motorhome, worked flawlessly when it got near the signal booster. The same thing happened to the person with their Blackberry using Verizon. I found the answer ... and now I am a happy camper.

Just thought I would pass this on ... since most everyone I know in their travels are somewhere where their phone will not provide the service they need.

Also you can talk to their tech support ... great people ... they know their products and are glad to help ... and they do not sell direct ... and still provide everyone with the information they need.

Good luck ... and enjoy.

Wilson is a good company. I've bought many of their procucts for many years. But there is one annoying cell issue that I don't think anyone can fix with a gadget. It's dropped calls when one is in a "extended coverge" area. If I didn't know better, I'd think that competing cell companies make it a habit to kick opposing customers off line in the most annoying fashion.

Not too long ago, the signal in my hometown is very weak, when I have a talk with my friends the signal often become weak suddenly so our conversation had to cut.

This problem had happened again and again in the past, then my one of my friends told me to buy a cell phone signal booster , and I admitted her advice. After the device was installed the signal become stronger than before, and I rarely meet the same problem again. So I think the cell phone signal booster is really a excellent device and is worth to buy.