akadeadeye

Wireless Headphones

I am finally convinced that even though my co-pilot and I have been successfully communicating with walkie talkies, we would be more efficient (me as the driver, primarily) with a headphone setup. Can anyone recommend some brands/models for us to check out?

Thank you,

Don

We have been using a set made for RVers that is supposed to save your marriage! They work great. See them at www.rvheadsets.com. Very simple to use, no wires, tranmitters, etc. Main thing is they permit duplex conversation, which you don't get with a walkie-talkie.

Can't help but reply. I recently had my hearing aids updated to a newer model. The ones I have now are Bluetooth ready and can pair up to 8 devices. The transmitter/control unit looks like a "MedAlert" module hung around the neck, but it goes inside the shirt and is only visible when I want it to be. These hearing aids are great. "I can hear again" should be my new slogan. They will pair with anything capable of pairing. Right now sitting in front of the computer they are pair. Any audio that comes up on the computer I hear in my ears with the hering aids. Surprisingly enough it does not interfere to much with the normal sound around me. In other words, DW selective hearing is still "my option."

If anyone is interested, they are Phonak Naida S IX. I know there are some old folks out there with hearing impairments! Hee hee!