My new dump/hookup sewage hose will not go inside the rear bumper. The hose itself is ok, but the fittings on the ends will not go in the bumper due to screws protruding inside that hold the anti-spray brushes on.

I tried 4-inch PVC pipe, but the fittings again would not fit. Is there 5-inch PVC available? The 6-inch PVC is WAY too big! Any ideas?

Guest BillAdams

Can you unscrew the offending screw, grind off the end and reattach the screw? If so, problem solved.

Camping World sells a white PVC pipe with fitting that stores the sewer hose. I'm sure one can be DIY for less using irrigation pipe, but it gives you a place to look.

Just another thought, remove the screws holding the spray sheild. Use a tap to thread bumber and use short 3/16" in length screws using permatex red locktite. This may give you the room your looking for.

Guest BillAdams
The screws are every 6-8'' inside the full lenghth of the square bumper. No way to ground them all off inside the bumper. THANKS ANYWAY

As I suggested, you would remove the screw, grind to the proper length and then re-install. Replacing the screws with rivets as suggested above may also be workable solution.

Why don't you just get a Sewer Solution from Camping World. Check it out.

That will solve your problem and make your life a lot easier.

Guest BillAdams

What's wrong with a basic sewer setup? Sewer Solution, macerators, Sani-Con, etc. I see no need for any of these as the basic sewer hose into a nearby sewer dump as work perfectly well for us during our last 10 years of full-timing. I want to dump quick and clean and not have to hook up another water hose and wait (forever) while this water moves my waste through a tiny hose to some remote dump.

If I need to dump I find a dump station, hook up a 3" hose and dump. I am done in a couple of minutes and on my way again. If I never touch any fluids doing it my way, how in the world are these "improved" dump systems better? Clean is clean and quick is better than slow. I hook up, I dump and I move on.

How much easier does it get than that?