Sign in to follow this  
berginaperzina

Installing Air Force 1 Brake System

Hi, we want to intall an Air Force One brake System on our Saturn Vue and we are not mechanics at all. Is it usually installed by a professional?

Can you buy one online and take it somewhere to be installed?

Can anyone recommend a place to either buy/have installed or just have installed in the Inland Empire, in California?

Thanks for your input.

Jose and Karen

Guest Wayne77590

Wow!

I have the same setup, I think. I have a 2007 Vue and I have AF-1.

I had mine installed professionally in Houston. They first installed the parts on the VUE. Then I returned the next day with the MH. Both installs were quite lengthy in time and I am very glad that I had this done professionally. If you don't have an air accessory port on the MH you will have to tap into the air line. I did not want to do that myself. Plus, they had all the right tools and extra supplies, like more electrical line, etc.

Good luck.

Guest Wayne77590

I have had it for 2 years and I have not had any problems with it (knock on wood). If you do get it, there will be a bank of 4 or 5 blue LED lights that will light up in the cab of the Coach when you depress the brakes. The amount of pressure required to activate the brakes in the TOAD can be set for more or less pressure of the brake pedal in the Coach. That LED light is very, very bright. I had it installed by my right foot on the firewall next to the accelerator pedal. I can see it when I want to see it and not have it blinding me. Give that some consideration if you get one. I do like the AF-1. You can put the piston that operates the brake pedal in the palm of your hand, almost. Once installed there is nothing to do except hook up the air hose, light cord, and LED cord (2 wire). You never have to touch any of the mechanical parts of the AF-1 on the TOAD once it is installed.

Good luck.