curley9946

2005 Winnebago Journey

We just purchased our first RV a Winnebago Journey 2005. My question is can you run your AC off the generator when you are driving to cool the back for anyone traveling back there.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

ABSOLUTELY.

If the dash A/C doesn't keep you cool enough, turn on the generator.

Best practice is to turn on the generator, let it warm up for a few minutes (no load), then turn on the A/C.

To shut down, turn off the A/C, let the generator cool down for a few minutes, then turn off the generator.

Do NOT shut the generator off under a load except in an emergency. That would be akin to running your car or motorhome at highway speeds and just shutting down the engine. And it is very hard on the generator's voltage regulator as well.

Brett

Guest BillAdams

What he said!!! :rolleyes:

Our dash air compressor seized up about a week ago and we have had to run the genny to stay cool during our travels. Hopefully, we will find a qualified repair shop soon but in the meantime we are still able to stay cool with the roof air (In our case it's actually Cruise-Air, but the same idea).

Great question. Perfect answer. I just purchased my Winny and it was explained to me the same manner as above. I to would have wondered what the proper method would be to start and stop the ginny. I finally got around to reading the manual that of course had the answer. But, it was good that it was pointed out to me prior to running the ginny.