Sign in to follow this  
WWilliams

Replacing Tires

It's time to replace the tires on our 2004 Fleetwood Expedition. Current tires, Michelins, are dated 2003. Is it better to go a Freightliner service center or reputable RV/Truck tire dealer to buy the tires and have them mounted. I would assume that the alignment would need to be done at the same time.

Guest BillAdams

There is no reason to believe that an alignment will be necessary unless you feel that you are currently in need of an alignment (won't track straight now).

Find a good truck tire shop that can spin balance your tires and pick the tires that you like and/or can afford. There are lots of choices and Michelin is not the only one.

There have been a number of recent discussions on tire selection, sources of RV tires, and specifications for mounting, etc. I suggest that you use the search function (see the second menu line on this page next to help). Enter tire and look at the selection of discussions for further information. There will be a multitude of discussions as this is a very high interest item. Read as many as you like. There is great wisdom in these discussions.

As to the alignment question, I consider an alignment a small investment in a new set of tires. If it has been some time since realignment, I would do it upon purchasing a new set of tires. I'd rather spend several hundred dollars on an alignment than discover that my new tires were wearing unevenly after just a few thousand miles. Just my humble opinion.