Hi toshapet,

Neither FMCA nor Motorhome magazine lists the Prius. One could conclude the vehicle cannot be towed, unless on a trailer. Remco go here for application chart on the Prius can get a little complicated. Consider calling Remco (1-800-228-2481) to determine what is best for your year Prius. The best source of information is the owner's manuel. It is the only place, in writing, where the manufacturer states if the vehicle can be towed and under what circumstances.

I own an '07 Prius and tow with Tow Dolly. Toyota allows this arrangement, but not 4-down. I would love to tow 4-down. If anyone discovers an acceptable solution please advise.

I own '07 Prius and utilize tow dolly, which is approved by Toyota (4-down is not). If anyone discovers towing Prius four-down, please advise. The Prius tows great on a tow dolly.

Any updates on the question of towing a Prius?

We own a 2011 Prius and really like everything about the car. Getting ready to take off full-timing for a couple of years and would love to be able to tow the Prius. However the idea of towing it on a trailer is not something I want to do.

I would like to hear more from folks that are using a tow dolly with the Prius and what their experience has been like.

We own a 2010 Prius and tow it with a Roadmaster 2000 tow dolly.

When I bought the Prius I required the dealer to allow me to bring the tow dolly into the dealership and load a Prius on the dolly before I would buy. They said "no problem." We towed the new Prius on an 8,000-mile trip the first year without problem and continue to tow on shorter trips.

Bill

Bill,

That's good news.

Have you had any of the problems reported in the prior posts towing the Prius?

Can you define what brand of dolly you found to work?

I have concerns about elevating the front of the Prius and how the angle of the body would expose the rear end to damage.

Thanks,

Jack