roymeyer

96" Mud Flap

I am still inclined to believe that the big mud flaps are put on for cosmetic reasons and are detrimental to protecting the toad. They create a low pressure vortex behind it causing more dirt and debris to be directed into the path of the toad.  I have been watching different coaches as they go down the road and watched one pull out today that even aired up it dragged in the gravel.

I think it would take some time in a wind tunnel to prove disprove it works to protect the toad or adds to cooling of a rear radiator coach. I think the barriers that run parallel under the tow bar may work better.:D

Bill 

I have the mud flap and the Blue Ox KarGard II and even with both of them there is a ding or two on the toad.  I don't think there is anything out there that is 100% protective. I also have a couple dings (Dings being chipped paint) on the sides where an 18 wheeler flying by has kicked up some debris.

I had to have our one piece windshield on our Dynasty replaced because of a rock thrown up by a truck going the opposite direction. I just drove into it while it was in the air. There is no defense from rocks and such on the roads. 

Herman

47 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

I had to have our one piece windshield on our Dynasty replaced because of a rock thrown up by a truck going the opposite direction. I just drove into it while it was in the air. There is no defense from rocks and such on the roads. 

Herman

I bet that was one expensive piece of glass. :o

our coach has a marking on it "made in Italy". Makes me cringe at the thought :wacko:

Had it replaced in Perry the last time FMCA was there. RV Glass Solutions did the replacement. Had issue with local shop. Called RV Glass and talked with Sally. She jumped right on it and called me back in less than an hour.

She said they would ship a windshield to a local shop. Told her we would be in Perry. She said they could replace it there and that they were giving a $150.00 gift card so my deductible would only cost me $100.00. 

Sounded good to me. When we arrived in Perry I saw their truck an the second windshield in had our name on it.

I went to their booth told them where we were parked.  I noticed cards on the table giving a  show discount of $75.00. Asked if I got that to. Yep, and now the windshield  ($2,800.00) only cost me twenty five bucks.

An by the way they did a great job!!

All was good in Perry.

Herman 

11 hours ago, Wayne77590 said:

I have the mud flap and the Blue Ox KarGard II and even with both of them there is a ding or two on the toad.  I don't think there is anything out there that is 100% protective. I also have a couple dings (Dings being chipped paint) on the sides where an 18 wheeler flying by has kicked up some debris.

I don't have either.  I use 2 camping sleep mats from Walmart and 4 6 ft bungee cords to cover the front of my Silverado. Not one mark in 150k miles including Alaska.  Total cost $25.

$2,873! 6 weeks ago at Texas Custom Coach...windshield is $840, rest is shipping, packing & labor!  Now my toad windshield needs replacing...:blink:

I'm going to remove the big mud flap and place one behind drive axel on each side and see what happens!  Tired of guessing game....:P