Guest BillAdams

Problems logging in

Guest BillAdams   
Guest BillAdams

For the last week or so I have been coming to the forum but when I try to log in I get the following error.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just assumed that the forum was still having issues but today I went to the FMCA home page and was able to log in successfully and then come to this part of the site. Just to check, I logged back out and tried to log in but received the same message. I had to once again return to the home page to log in.

tmoning   
I went to the FMCA home page and was able to log in successfully and then come to this part of the site. Just to check, I logged back out and tried to log in but received the same message. I had to once again return to the home page to log in.

FMCA.com has changed hosting companies, so when you log in from the Forums site, it is not pointing you in the right direction, just yet.

For the time being, please continue to sign in from the FMCA.com site pages, such as the FMCA.com home page. Once the login has been updated, I will post.

mikev   

Here's another interesting quirk, I opened the homepage yesterday and it said hello TButler in the logged in spot at the top of the page. I logged out and back in and then it seemed ok.

tmoning   
I just posted and it says my post time is 3:09pm, it is actually 10:09am at the time I posted...

The forums default to Eastern time. To set your time zone, click your profile at the top right corner and select "My Settings."

Related topic here.

TBUTLER   
Here's another interesting quirk, I opened the homepage yesterday and it said hello TButler in the logged in spot at the top of the page. I logged out and back in and then it seemed ok.

Thanks for logging back out Mike! I hope these problems are solved quickly. This kind of security breach suggests that perhaps some emergency steps should be taken to close the site until all issues have been addressed and the site is once again secure. I would hate to see this happen but this incident clearly indicates to me that the site and our information on the site is not secure.

tmoning   
... but this incident clearly indicates to me that the site and our information on the site is not secure.

The site is secure. We've tested it extensively.

I opened the homepage yesterday and it said hello TButler in the logged in spot at the top of the page.

This is only a display issue. mikev: You were not really logged in as TButler. We're working to resolve ...

Again, the site is secure.

zaferde   

Sometimes when I log in, the screen prompts me for a username and password, if I reload the page, it will show me as logged in. This morning when I opened the home page, I was a totally different user! I reloaded the page, then I was back to myself.

I've tried to log off and back on, cleared my cache, but it still happens, might be something a little deeper than you guys think.

Dennis

Guest jayclawson   
Guest jayclawson

We are aware that there is a problem with the session ID. When a user signs in it gives them a session; if they do not sign out before closing the browser, then it does not get rid of the session and causes problems. Since we changed to another host and updated some software, it has become a problem. We are working on it, but when you are dealing with cookies, sessions and databases, it can be time-consuming.