Shagsf16@aol.com

Extended Warranty/Service Plan

I have read through many posts on these topics with what appears to be quite a wide spectrum of opinions on the value of the extended warranties. Typically folks that have had a bad experience tend to be more vocal...is there anyone out there that has had a positive experience with making claims on an extended warranty?

We just purchased a 2006 Country Coach and my interest in the warranty is not so much for the nickel and dime repair but that catastrophic event that could quickly go to serious money. We have only a year left on the engine/tranny warranty.

I am very interested in any personal experience with larger repairs. Also interested in anyone using "American rv warranties" or "Go RV Waranty."

Thanks in advance for any responses!

TJ

We have Good Sam's. Just got our RV at the beginning of the year. We already had to use it & they were very good about paying it. I have already found out, that it's the repair shops themselves you have to watch. They take forever & don't always fix everything you took it in for.

We have a warranty very pleased with it, have had to use it twice and no problem encountered. I agree with the previous comment took it to dealer to fix had to go twice the first time they did not do everything we needed.

Hi Shagsf16,

I have a service contract with National Warranty of Florida. Their contact information is 888-756-5529 or 800-439-4861. I have had 4 claims and they were all closed to my and the repair shops satisfaction. All the repair shops were amazed at how fast and simple the approval and payment process was. I would make the same purchase again.

We have an extended wty with EZCare and have been very pleased with it. I think we've used it 4 times without issue. The largest was replacement of my Winegard ADC2003 Satellite dish. Parts were no longer available so they credited me $1150 for the dish and four hours of installation labor. I applied it toward the installation of a new Winegard Slimline Travlr and love it.

Rick

I have a Platinum warranty from XtraRide and bought it from WholesaleWarranties.net and was very pleased with the price and the coverage thay have provided. I have used it 3 times with no hassle and coverage as expected. Send Jeff Shelton an email at jeff@wholesalewarranties.net or call at 800-939-2806 ext703. Let him know Dave Wyatt refered you to him and he will give you a great price for a very good warranty coverage

HAD EASY CARE ON A PREVIOUS GAS COACH...USED IT THREE TIMES INCLUDING A TOW AND ALL WAS PAID FOR EXCLUDING A $100 DEDUCTABLE...

I just wrote a note on being scammed by a big name service center on our Good Sams Warranty and posted it under the "Buying a motorhome" for anyone that wants to learn what not to do. But I found Good Sams to be a helpful as they could be under the situation.

We had Good Sam on our first coach, used it to replace one A/C unit and the engine motherboard. They we're great, no problems. Now we have it thru Camping World it's the same company that Good Sam uses. With all the things that could go wrong especially with a used coach I would highly recommend it. :)

JohnF

My wife and I own a Class C Motorhome now for 3 years. We purchased it new, (2007 Model year).

We have a 7 year "Extended Warranty" for full coach replacement in case of total loss, but do not have a service plan if something should go wrong with appliances or various systems on the coach.

I keep getting ads from Good Sam, but would like to know who else offers "Service Plans". I would like to compare various plans as to coverage and replacement of items that will break down over time.

I am looking for a list of Companies or a source I could find a list of Insurance Companies to cover "Service Needs". Thanks for your help.

We purchased a used MH 4 1/2 years ago and as part of the purchase deal bought a service contract issued by United States Warranty in Mayfield Heights, Ohio. We used the warranty 3 or 4 times through the purchasing dealer and had absolutely no problems with it. We renewed the policy when it expired and after a few months traded in the MH for a much newer one that still had some warranty left from the chassis manufacturer. Due to this we were able to secure a 7 year service contract from United States Warranty AND THEY PRORATED THE BALANCE OF THE EXISTING CONTRACT AND APPLIED IT TOWARD THE PURCHASE OF THE "NEW ONE".

I am very satisfied with the company and the dealer I secured it through. The MH we purchased this past January was not secured from the original dealer, but he handled the purchase of the new service contract for us.

If you want to check out pricing through him, he is Rick @Ruff RV Center in Euclid, Ohio 216-812-3820.