Sign in to follow this  
Shagsf16@aol.com

Country Coach Questions

We just bought a 2006 Country Coach Magna and I have a numerous questions I hope some of you may be able to help me with...the dealer we bought it from was not a Country Coach dealer and was not much help in giving us an orientation.

Entry step: I can't get the entry step to stop going in and out every time I open/close the door. There is a switch by the door that one would think would control this...but if I turn that switch off the step remains in all the time. If I turn it on it goes in/out every time I open the door, if I turn it off when the step is out with the door open, it still closes when I shut the door. Any ideas?

Awning: We have Zip Dee awnings (powered). The main awning goes out as soon as I turn the awning power switch to on without ever hitting the main awning extend button. Sometimes it won't go out initially but some time later it will just go out on its own. Wind sensor seems to work fine because it retracts on its own when the wind picks up. I was thinking I might just have a bad switch.

Aqua Hot: What do you need to put in the Aqua Hot system...I read the manual and it said Propylene Glycol based water and antifreeze. I went to an auto parts store and they did have some antifreeze (pink winterizing antifreeze) that was PG based but it seems strange to put that in the Aqua Hot so I did not put it in yet.

Direct TV: We have the king dome sat system for direct tv. All seems to look like it is working...get the flashing green light that turns into solid green indicating it has found a sat on the king dome remote, but my direct tv just keeps saying it is searching for a sat. Previous owner did have direct tv also.

Rear Camera: We have a rear camera and two side cameras...when I go in reverse or put on the blinker, the correct camera pops up on the in dash display, but I can't find a way to continuously display the rear camera...I like to keep it on the monitor the tow car and traffic. Any thoughts?

Sorry for a bunch of newbie questions but I appreciate any help you can provide!

TJ

Guest BillAdams

As to the King Dome, you may need to push the on button over and over until it locks onto the correct satellite. Once this happens you can turn the power off. Do NOT turn the power off while locked onto the wrong satellite or it will go to the same wrong satellite over and over again.

T J

I might be able to answer your TV question. I put a HD receiver in my coach and it wouldn't work because the sat was not HD I had a receiver that was a regular receiver and got it to work. I don't know why it didn't work, but is your sat HD and is your receiver HD. Mine is also a Direct TV system.

Also don't know what brand your backup camera is. I had a little problem-- mine would be working good then it would go off after a little while. You could look in your manual how to set it or it could be broke. I sent mine in under warranty and it was fixed. Hope this helps. I would think that if you don't have a manual that you could download one.

I have a 2009 Monaco Camelot.

Steve Mosher

Thanks Steve and Bill....not sure what they had in the coach before...there was a non-HD receiver in the coach but also some unconnected Direct TV wires that gave an impression they had more than one reciever. Mine is not HD so this could be the problem. I also did not understand that the King Dome swapped between satelites so I will play with that...

TJ

Guest BillAdams

TJ,

No, it is a GOOD thing that you are not using an HD receiver. You will not need one in the coach with a dome (any dome) antenna. No dome on the market is capable of receiving the DirecTV HD programming. So, unless you want to upgrade your DirecTV receiver, the TV's in your coach to HDTV's and replace the antenna on the roof you should just stick with a standard definition receiver.

As an aside, there is no such thing as an HD antenna as described above. The satellite signals from from KU and KA band satellites. A dome can only receive the KU band so this limits dome owners to HD reception to the Dish Network, but the antenna itself is fully HD capable.

We just bought a 2006 Country Coach Magna and I have a numerous questions I hope some of you may be able to help me with...the dealer we bought it from was not a Country Coach dealer and was not much help in giving us an orientation.

* You do not mention which coast or the area you are presently in. That is an important factor unless dealing directly with the individuals that are located in Oregon. They are in the business to support Country Coach owners and are for the most part former employees of COUNTRY COACH. My opinion is dealers outside of Junction City area cannot fully help you with any problem without going through those mentioned in this post groups or individuals.

Congratulations on your purchase of one of the finest motorhomes ever built..

It is of importance to you to know that there are many other owners and thier experiences available to you online at: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Country-Coach-Owners/

It is also important for you to know that one of the largest FMCA spinoff groups is the COUNTRY COACH INTERNATIONAL group. This is a membership organization with the dues are well worth every penny. Without going into detail there is no reason you should not be a member as the owner of a 2006 Magna.

There are DVD's available or possibly through the group downloads of the basic functions of your coach. Every and any possible problem has and is discussed on a regular basis.

This group can and will offer advice as to who you should be in contact to bring you up to speed in your initial learning stage for your new purchase.

My personal recommendations are John Davis at JDRV.com and ED at OREGON MOTOR COACH CENTER .

I am not affiliated with either but from years of owning a CC it is standard knowledge these are the people to first deal with for information. They are the people who built your coach period.

Entry step: I can't get the entry step to stop going in and out every time I open/close the door. There is a switch by the door that one would think would control this...but if I turn that switch off the step remains in all the time. If I turn it on it goes in/out every time I open the door, if I turn it off when the step is out with the door open, it still closes when I shut the door. Any ideas?

This is a common problem with the 2006 and of course many other brands and levels of build.

99% of the time it is a broken wire in the encased wire harness leading from the door unit itself to the right-front-mid dash area. Look between the door hinges and you will see a gray tube that slides through a hole in both door and door frame. That in most cases is your problem.

Awning: We have Zip Dee awnings (powered). The main awning goes out as soon as I turn the awning power switch to on without ever hitting the main awning extend button. Sometimes it won't go out initially but some time later it will just go out on its own. Wind sensor seems to work fine because it retracts on its own when the wind picks up. I was thinking I might just have a bad switch.

Sounds to me (JMO) that you need to have the entire awning system reprogrammed to the remotes. That on off switch still can get you in trouble since it does not entirely disable power to the patio awnings. There was a solenoid added to the awnings to not allow for any involuntary movement while the coach was being operated. Reason for this was because the Xantrex inverters could sent a signal through the wiring that would trigger the awning to either go in or out at any time.

For your safety go to the 110v breaker box and disconnect the awning breaker till you have further information from a professional.

Aqua Hot: What do you need to put in the Aqua Hot system...I read the manual and it said Propylene Glycol based water and antifreeze. I went to an auto parts store and they did have some antifreeze (pink winterizing antifreeze) that was PG based but it seems strange to put that in the Aqua Hot so I did not put it in yet.

When in doubt about ANYTHING call the component manufacture. They are in most cases more than happy to advise you as to proper operation of thier equipment. AquaHot is one of the manufactures that has excellent Customer Service.

You want to put into the system a 'BOILER ANTI-FREEZE". The best way to tell you if you have the correct one is: The wrong one averages $5.00 a gallon and is easily available. The correct boiler anti-freeze averages $20.00 a gallon and seldom less. It is not available at all stores and can be ordered. Some Camping World's carry it not all.

Direct TV: We have the king dome sat system for direct tv. All seems to look like it is working...get the flashing green light that turns into solid green indicating it has found a sat on the king dome remote, but my direct tv just keeps saying it is searching for a sat. Previous owner did have direct tv also.

Lots of advice available. One of the items that the more information you glean the more confused you can get. Thru CCI you will be able to find people available that are familiar with the Magna's entertainment system. They differed through out the production years and even month to month. The components where the same. The configuration was different. Call JD or OMCC for further information.

Rear Camera: We have a rear camera and two side cameras...when I go in reverse or put on the blinker, the correct camera pops up on the in dash display, but I can't find a way to continuously display the rear camera...I like to keep it on the monitor the tow car and traffic. Any thoughts?

Yup that sucks. I feel the same way. No way that I know of to keep it on the towed accept to not use the turn signals or turn them off after you telegraph the idea you are turning.

Through FMCA'S, COUNTRY COACH INTERNATIONAL and the Owner's Yahoo site you will be able to gather further names and numbers.

There are many past employees of the highest regard available to work with you and on your CC. The ones I have mentioned are those I am positive of and use on a regular basis to keep my 2006 CC Magna 630 in safe working order.

What you have is a 'LAND YACHT" the only difference is it cannot sink, hopefully. It requires the same love and care as a water vessel. Most all of the components come originally from the marine industry. Be prepared and don't get frustrated. Country Coach is a fine group. It is made up of some of the finest individuals in RVing.

Hope this information helps! Milo and his dad Jimmy

Milo and Jimmy,

Wow, great response...thanks so much for the info. I will certainly join the CC International and look to the other forums as well. We are located in Las Vegas although we are in San Diego on a trip right now. This is our dream coach...really looking forward to meeting other Country Coach owners!

TJ