lwilhelm

Front brake noise

We have a 2005 Safari Cheetah 38PDQ diesel pusher with a CAT C7 engine. On occassion I notice a single "pop" sound that seems to come from the left front when I apply the brake "semi" hard. I notice it at slow speed in a campground or parking lot. It doesn't appear to happen when I brake normal. We are leaving next month on a 2000 mile trip and I was wondering if anyone has or had a similar problem. I'm taking it to have it serviced next week and since it only happens once in a while I wanted some opinons before talking to my mechanic.

Thanks

Larry

Larry,

I suspect this is NOT related to your current question, but the true source of chassis noises have a way of being hard to pin down.

Please do verify that you have had your rear trailing arms replaced-- if one is cracked, it could sure lead to some noise.

See this FMCA Forum thread:http://community.fmca.com/index.php?showtopic=569

Brett

Our trailing arms were replaced during the initial recall and again in May. I noticed it before the recent replacement (our arms weren't cracked but my piece of mind improved) and thought the new arms might cure my ills but it didn't happen. I only hear the noise occasionally in the left front and don't know if it is chassis related or brake related.