Sign in to follow this  
allnight4@yahoo.com

Heaters on tanks?

I bought a 2004 FourWinds FunMover 39C a few months ago. The dealer said it had heaters on the black/grey/fresh tanks.

Now that I have it home, and am starting to think about our annual holiday drive through zero degree weather, I'm starting to doubt what he told me. (It wouldn't have been a deal-breaker if he had said no heaters.) I want to check for myself.

Does anybody know that they have heaters installed? I'm wondering what signs there might be...I haven't yet gone looking for more wires than just the level guages, but if someone has seem heaters before, I'd like to hear what they were like, as well as whether they worked.

Thanks!

Mike

I have a Four Winds Hurricane 31H which has tank heaters. On my central control panel I have a rocker switch to turn each tank heater on and off. We used them last winter in some weather just below freezing for several days and had no problems. We also were in Albuquerque in March for the FMCA convention and had freezing weather on the way there plus snow while there and had no problems.