karenandcollins

Slideout Not Square

We have a 2007 Monaco diplomat with 4 slides. We've owned it about a year. Yesterday we encountered our first really bad rainstorm,( it rained hard all day) while we were using it. Last night we realized the floor by the front passenger side was soaked by the slideout wall. This morning we went outside to check it out & realized the whole slideout is about an inch out of square. Have no idea how this has happened & want to know if there is anything we can do about it. Any ideas or comments greatly appreciated

We had a similar problem with our bedroom slide-out several years ago. Fortunately we were at a repair shop that didn't exclude us from the work area. Indeed, they showed us what the problem was and discussed the solution with us. They suggested moving the whole slide to center it in the opening as best they could. They were going to move the slide-out motor, etc. I looked at it and suggested that they simply move the slide-out. They took the track on the slide-out lose from the slide out, separating the motor and gear mechanism from the slide-out itself. This was a matter of a half a dozen screws on the track that moves the slide. Then moved the slide-out to center it in the opening as best the could. We then reattached the gear track to the slide-out in the new position. It has worked fine ever since. We still have an occasional small bit of moisture but nothing like the problem we originally had. They also adjusted the rollers the slide rides on. They were too low and this adjustment brought everything into contact with the gaskets on the sides. It all helped make the slide-out work better.

Our bedroom slide was relatively small, your front slide will be much larger but you may be able to do the same thing if you can find a shop that will work with you. I can heartily recommend Iron Horse RV in San Antonio. They have been on my list of places to go for repair work if at all possible.

The other alternative is to try to schedule work at the Monaco factory. This used to be an option. Since the reorganization I don't know if they are doing this. There are also numerous dealers who have gone out of business and the tech's from the companies have bonded together to continue working on the RV's they have been trained in and know well. We recently had battery/electrical problems and stopped in Las Vegas. The dealer site on the web sent us to PC Doctor in Las Vegas which is staffed by many techs who worked for the Monaco dealer there. They were fast and efficient in servicing our needs. Had us back on the road in less than two hours! I know there are similar places with ex-factory workers in Florida and Indiana. I don't have names for these locations or experience with them but have attended sessions presented by them at Monaco Rallies in recent years.

We will be putting the RV in a shelter somewhere near Tampa, FL in the early part of Dec. If anyone can make a recommendation for a good repair dealer, we'll get it taken care of there. We've had really really bad luck with some of the repair places so we're very leary of where we take it. Any feedback on Lazy Dayz. Whereever we take it, I'll give them your information. Thank you.

I did a little checking and found the following:

FLORIDA Wildwood Service Center:

4505 Monaco Way

Wildwood, Florida 34785

Phone: (877) 466-6226

Fax: (352) 330-3852

This was on a web page that was copyright 2010. At one time this facility was closed but I guess it has now reopened. This is a Monaco Factory Service Facility. I would put it at the top of my list of places to take your coach. Contact them and see what they can do for you. Wildwood is about 65 miles northeast of Tampa just off I-75.

We think LazyDays have a great service center. We just left there and they addressed all our problems to our satisifaction. I would highly reccomend them. Do call for an appointment, they are getting really busy.

This is a bit out of the way but depending on were you are heading next, General RV is in Jacksonville, FL. They are one of the largest privately owned dealerships in the country. They have dealerships in Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Utah.

I would call first.