Sign in to follow this  
aboveallair@aol.com

Fuse Box On 1999 Safari Zanzibar

I have a 1999 Zanzibar and I CAN'T find the fuse box. This is what I found:

A fuse box for the coach i.e., BREAKER BOX, and a FUSE box for the microwave lights heater, etc.

NOT what I need. I am looking for fuses for horn, headlights, turn signals, back-up lights, dome lights, A/C, relays, etc. The kind of fuse box you would find on your car/truck.

I looked in dash, under dash in all compartments underneath in the front of coach, behind panels .... No luck. Please help.

Eric

I volunteered to help a neighbor with an electrical problem several years ago and after 30 minutes of looking everywhere on his coach, I could not find his electrical panel. Those Keebler Elves must have hidden it. I finally gave up. My advice to him would be the same to you. Go to an RV service shop and ask them to find it for you. They may well do this as a service without charging you. You could even call a shop and ask them over the phone for some help. Perhaps someone will log in with the appropriate information and save you the problem. Otherwise, pick up the phone or drive to a nearby shop and get the help you need.

A second thought would be to contact Monaco RV LLC which is the revived Monaco Coach Company after the recent economic collapse. Monaco took over Safari about ten years ago and may have tech's and records that could help you. I think 877-466-6226 will get you to Monaco. Ask for the service department and see if they can help. Generally, they will go out of their way to assist.

I have a 1999 Zanzibar and I CAN'T find the fuse box. This is what I found:

A fuse box for the coach i.e., BREAKER BOX, and a FUSE box for the microwave lights heater, etc.

NOT what I need. I am looking for fuses for horn, headlights, turn signals, back-up lights, dome lights, A/C, relays, etc. The kind of fuse box you would find on your car/truck.

I looked in dash, under dash in all compartments underneath in the front of coach, behind panels .... No luck. Please help.

Eric

Eric, by now I am sure you have found your fuses,but if not, they are under the shift console (remove 18 in square map pocket panel).

I had the same question and Monaco LLC was not of much help.

Good luck,****

Had the same problem with passenger side electric seat. Finally called Monoco and he told me they were under the shift panel left of driver seat. You will not see fuses like you are looking for, you will find circuit breakers. If you have your owners manual it will tell you which one you will need to replace.

Hopefully you've figured this out by now. But just in case I had the very same issue not long ago. I found the chassis fuses in the battery compartment (We have a 2000 Safari Zanzibar). On our coach the batteries are on the passenger side, just before the chassis service area. Open the door and look to the right side of the battery compartment. You'll see several black "squares" mounted on the wall. Just remove the caps and you'll find the chassis fuses. The house 12V fuses are located over the bed in the cabinet next to the breaker panel.

Hope this helps.