mygusto

High Oil Pressure, Cummins 350 engine

Ambient is approx 70-75 degrees

Viscosity is 15-40W

Oil pressure is around 30/35 lbs after warming up. The oil has approx 400 miles since change.

Thanks Brett

I made a quick call to the Cummins Hotline (800 343-7357, 0) .

The short answer is that this is a non-problem.

Brett

Thank you my friend. How easy it was for you to make somebody's day better.

Our Monaco Windsor 1999 with 80,000 miles with a 330hp Cummins runs the following pressures. Oil Pressure on the 8.3 330hp or 350hp. Starting the engine it will run 120lbs of oil pressure. When running down the highway it will run about 80-90lbs. At Idle 35lbs. These are normal pressures for these Electronic engines 1999 and newer. So, don't be alarmed with high oil pressure in these engines. My Kenworth T300 had 327,000 miles on it and it did the same thing, but it is how you maintain your engine. My recommendation is use the best oil and best oil filters that money can buy and change it frequently.

Phil Barr - Michigan

My recommendation is use the best oil and best oil filters that money can buy and change it frequently.

Phil Barr - Michigan

Oil and filters are CHEAP compared to a rebuild!! And cheaper yet if you do the work yourself like I do.

2003 Cummins 350 When I first start engine, oil pressure goes to 100 lbs. Lowers as engine warms up. Is this a serious problem?

ISC 350? The specified minimum idling warm oil pressure is 15 PSI. Per the base engine data sheet for this engine, maximum cold start up oil pressure (spike pressure, no pun intended) is 150 PSI. Normal warm engine oil pressure is 45 - 50 PSI. This is about standard for all Cummins engines in the midrange class; B5.9L, 6B5.9, ISB, C8.3, ISC, ISL9.