Sign in to follow this  
marksheinkopf

Disney World Area Pull Through Campsites

Traveling to South Florida in February and want to stop for 2 nights near DisneyWorld without having to unhitch my tow dolly. Any good campgrounds near Disney World with pull throughs big enough for 40' Class A motorhome and tow dolly?

Hi marksheinkopf,

There are many, many CGs in the DW area. Some to consider are:

1. Kissimmee KOA

2. Tropical Palms

3. Ponderosa

4. Sherwood Forest

When you call, make sure they know your setup and can provide what you need.

Stay away from:

Merry D RV Sanctuary

Orange Grove

Both of these CGs are very tight with turns and short sites that may not accommodate your rig and dolly.

There are many more CGs in the area, but these I have personally visited.

Hi marksheinkopf,

There are many, many CGs in the DW area. Some to consider are:

1. Kissimmee KOA

2. Tropical Palms

3. Ponderosa

4. Sherwood Forest

When you call, make sure they know your setup and can provide what you need.

Stay away from:

Merry D RV Sanctuary

Orange Grove

Both of these CGs are very tight with turns and short sites that may not accommodate your rig and dolly.

There are many more CGs in the area, but these I have personally visited.

Having just spent a week at Sherwood Forest (#4 above) I would say that our 40' coach did not leave room for a tow dolly, or hardly even the folded up tow bar when parked without extending into the street behind us.

I suggest that you consider adding Lake Louisa State Park (on US 27 south of Clermont) as I do know they have a few (read 2 or 3) pull through sites that we have used previously and had room for the SUV either in front or behind the coach. The pull through sites do not, to my knowledge have sewer available on the site. For a couple of nights this might work for you if you don't mind a 20+ mile drive to Disney.

Lake Louisa state park has at least 4 pull throughs but only one with full hookup (no. 16) and you must have reservations long in advance especially for no. 16. The dump station is very good. The drive to DW is not difficult. Louisa is one of our favorites but it is not for everyone. Some might consider it to be desolate.

:rolleyes: What about Ft. Wilderness AT Disneyworld. Never stayed there but if and when we get back that way I will definitely try this Disney Park. Have heard nothing but praise for this park. I'm sure they have a web site to check it out. Have a great trip. Don :P

Guest BillAdams

At nearly $100 night for Ft. Wilderness it can be a bit daunting. I also am not sure that there are ANY pull through sites available. The park is pretty tight and highly treed so just getting around in the coach with a dolly could be a challenge.

Fort Wilderness is an awesome place to stay! But, you have to book a year in advance. The only off season for them is Super Bowl weekend. We live 5 miles from them and found the only time we could get in was Super Bowl weekend. Be prepared to either pay for their golf carts $$$ or bring your own. The place is huge!!!

We stay in Fort Wilderness 3 or 4 times a year. No pull throughs and we have no problem gettig around without golf cart. No problem with reservations, called last week for Feb 23-26, Cost was $100. plus. Many sites are tight for larger motor homes. They are reworking and enlarging .sites

Last Halloween we drove up the the gate at Fort Wilderness without reservations and didn't have any problem getting a site for a week.

we have a 40' class A towing 4 wheels down, no problem getting around.