rsmorgan2

Chassis Heater Core Ka-put On CC Intrigue

Hi.

I purchased an older (13 years) Country Coach Intrigue and have found the chassis heater core is garbage. Having it inspected, I've been told the manufacturer is out of business and it will be questionable if it can be fixed without spending LOTS of $$$$$$$$$$$ on it.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or can offer advise? Thanks.

Signed,

Frosty windshield

Dash heater cores are not particularly unique. Most radiator shops can make/repair them.

If you have the manufacturer's name who made the HVAC system and/or heater core, certainly contact them for information.

And hopefully, another CC owner will be able to give you firsthand information.

Brett

I've a 98 intrigue with same issue, last service and flush caused the core to leak. Ready to tear into the cab and get to work finding replacement. Tempcon made my unit; were did you end up with your project? For now I have removed the connections and installed a loop to return the coolant back to the engine.

Pulled the core out this weekend (about 2 hrs or work) measured the unit at 17" long, 6" wide, 2" thick. Connections come straight out one end and attach to hose then control valve.

My coach is #10628 and has the specialty climate systems (victory climate systems) hvac kit number HC230.

Country Coach is in operation again but not manufacturing yet and therefore they don't have the part. VCS referred me to Monaco and for $250+ and shipping I can have a new core. I've resigned to shop around and find replacement.

If anyone has a lead on a heater core near the 17" length/6" width please respond.