Sign in to follow this  
jg053047

Washer/Dryer Combo WinterizIing Procedure

I was wondering the advise from those who know on the easiest way to winterize a model 2000 Splendide combo unit.

I am unable to access the water lines at the rear of the unit without taking the whole unit out of the closet.

My friend suggest just to put a couple of quarts of RV antifreeze in the wash drum and run the spin cycle to get some into the water pump. Please advise.

Maybe this will help. Its from Splendide's web site.

http://www.splendide.com/consumer_tips.htm#winterization

Winterization

How To: If needed, follow these steps to winterize your washer-dryer.

1. With the machine power OFF, pour ½ quart of RV-type antifreeze into the washer drum

2. Close the door. Advance the Program Selector knob to a SPIN position

3. Press ON/OFF Button (IN). Wait 1-2 minutes

4. Press ON/OFF Button (OUT). Unplug the washer-dryer from the electrical outlet (or disconnect power)

5. Turn the water supply faucets OFF. Disconnect the inlet hoses from the faucets. Drain any remaining water from the hoses. Finished!

Optional RV Winterization: If you’re currently pumping antifreeze through the fresh water system, follow these steps to winterize:

1. With the machine power OFF, turn the WASH TEMP knob to HOT

2. Advance the Program Selector knob to REGULAR in Cotton Heavy Duty

3. Press the ON/OFF button (IN) and let the machine fill until antifreeze is in the drum

4. Advance Program Selector to a RESET. Wait 5 seconds (Status/Door Lock LED will blink)

5. Advance Program Selector to a SPIN position. Let the antifreeze drain from the drum

6. Advance Program Selector to RESET. Wait 5 seconds (Status/Door Lock LED will blink)

7. Turn the WASH TEMP knob to COLD

8. Advance the Program Selector knob to REGULAR in Cotton Heavy Duty

9. Let the machine fill until you see antifreeze in the drum

10. Advance the Program Selector knob to RESET. Wait 5 seconds (Status/Door Lock LED will blink)

11. Advance the Program Selector knob to SPIN. Let the antifreeze drain from the drum

12. Press the ON/OFF button (OUT). Finished!

To use again: Flush the water pipes, then

1. Reconnect the water inlet hoses to the corresponding HOT/COLD faucets. Turn the faucets ON. (NOTE: Check the water inlet hoses and pump periodically. Refer to the “Use & Care Guide†that came with the machine)

2. Plug the washer-dryer into an appropriate electrical outlet (or reconnect power supply)

3. With the ON/OFF button in the off (OUT) position, pour 1/2 TBSP. of powder detergent (or liquid equiv.) into the ‘Detergent’ compartment inside the Dispenser Drawer

4. Advance the Program Selector knob to an EXPRESS cycle

5. Press the ON/OFF button (IN) and allow the machine to run through the complete cycle to clean out any remaining antifreeze. Finished!

Just did mine, following the instructions of my dealer. Seems to have worked great, and was very simple.

After I'd run the anti-freeze through all the other faucets, toilets and the shower I hit the 'Cold' water wash button and started the washer. Very quickly I was getting the pink anti-freeze (almost no clear water). I then stopped the cycle and changed to 'hot' water, started the washer again, and again I had anti-freeze almost immediately. I then turned the control to 'drain' and when the drum was empty, turned everything off. Took all of 2 minutes.