Sign in to follow this  
Schmidt

Drive Shaft Disconnect

Is Remco the only company out there... ordered a drive shaft disconnect for my 2001 F150 in September... still waiting on parts... same story every week... nobody in Okie City will touch Remco... is there anyone else that offers a Drive Shaft Disconnect?

I have a air brakes and towbar set and ready to go on my F150.

Thanks for your HELP...

Guest BillAdams

I don't know if there is another, but I can tell you that the REMCO is a fabulous product. I don't know why you are having problems but you might want to call and talk to REMCO. We ordered a complete drive shaft for a van they did not have an existing setup back in 2004 (have been using the disconnect on vans dating back to the 90's) and in about 2 weeks we had a perfect replacement, had it installed and we are still using it today.

I can't say enough good about this product and I am sorry to hear that you are having problems. I know that REMCO was sold after our most recent purchase and I hope that this is not the result.

I don't know if there is another, but I can tell you that the REMCO is a fabulous product. I don't know why you are having problems but you might want to call and talk to REMCO. We ordered a complete drive shaft for a van they did not have an existing setup back in 2004 (have been using the disconnect on vans dating back to the 90's) and in about 2 weeks we had a perfect replacement, had it installed and we are still using it today.

I can't say enough good about this product and I am sorry to hear that you are having problems. I know that REMCO was sold after our most recent purchase and I hope that this is not the result.

Yes, my father-in-law has used their product for years without problem. Therefore, it was my choice as well. The sad part is that I am dealing directly with Remco... I ordered the drive shaft from Remco in September and they told me I would have it in two weeks. Now when I call them they say the parts are on back-order. The RV dealer in Okie City that I first contacted suggested buying a different tow vehicle because of the problems he experienced with Remco on parts and supplies... starting to understand his frustration.

Attempted to reach the President of Remco and could not... so I sent Alan D. Cohoon (who is listed on the web site as President) an email... received an email from the Sales Manager who stated Al has not been there in 3 years... he remembered taking my order in September and the back ordered parts came in yesterday... my drive line is 1 of 40 currently being completed... then I received a call from another sales rep that stated the back ordered parts came in on Friday and it should be built and shipped by this Friday...

I will keep you posted...

Attempted to reach the President of Remco and could not... so I sent Alan D. Cohoon (who is listed on the web site as President) an email... received an email from the Sales Manager who stated Al has not been there in 3 years... he remembered taking my order in September and the back ordered parts came in yesterday... my drive line is 1 of 40 currently being completed... then I received a call from another sales rep that stated the back ordered parts came in on Friday and it should be built and shipped by this Friday...

I will keep you posted...

There is a place in Dallas, "Drive Shaft Knig", that will make you a disconnect while you wait. If you don't have any better luck with Remco, Google "Drive Shaft King Dallas, TX". If you have a steel drive shaft they will modify your shaft, but if you have an aluminum shaft they will make you a new drive shaft. I know, an OKIE coming to TEXAS for help, But what the hay, if you don't tell, I wont tell.

There is a place in Dallas, "Drive Shaft Knig", that will make you a disconnect while you wait. If you don't have any better luck with Remco, Google "Drive Shaft King Dallas, TX". If you have a steel drive shaft they will modify your shaft, but if you have an aluminum shaft they will make you a new drive shaft. I know, an OKIE coming to TEXAS for help, But what the hay, if you don't tell, I wont tell.

THANKS for the info... Texas is like a second home to us... we have family that live there...

Still no straight answer from Remco... we don't have the parts... the parts have been shipped... anyway with all due respect they excepted my request to cancel the order from September 13, 2010. I contacted the place in Dallas, "Drive Shaft Knig." They have the parts to make me the drive shaft disconnect next week! THANKS for the info Herman...

Had the drive shaft disconnect installed at Drive Shaft King in Dallas, Texas last Thursday... David took us to the golf course down the street where we played a round and then he picked us up gave us a quick school and sent us on our way... THANKS for your comments and ideas.

Had the drive shaft disconnect installed at Drive Shaft King in Dallas, Texas last Thursday... David took us to the golf course down the street where we played a round and then he picked us up gave us a quick school and sent us on our way... THANKS for your comments and ideas.

Glad to be of help. I have a small lower lobe in my heart for Okies, my wife is from Afton, OK. However I have had her down in TEXAS for more then 46 years +.